Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

In your experience. Are bigger dogs more$$!! To own?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies
I have a boxer and a chihuahua. I had the chi first. I swear the boxer just over all cost more. Toys food. Things destroyed
Posted by Anonymous on May. 31, 2013 at 11:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
psychessun
by Platinum Member on May. 31, 2013 at 11:17 AM

things destroyed?  train your dogs -- then they won't ruin your shit.  i've had many dogs and they never destroyed anything.

yes, big dogs cost more to feed, that is about the only expense that will logically increase.

mamaslilpunkin
by Bronze Member on May. 31, 2013 at 11:19 AM

Yes,I think so.My German Shepherd used to eat quite a bit when he was a bit younger and we went through big bags of dog food like once every 3-4 weeks(and good dog food,like Blue).And the toys he destroyed!(His toys,not kid toys or any of our stuff.he hardly EVER destoyed "people"stuff).I only buy him hard,cheap toys or rawhide bones.We had to stop buying him stuffed toys when he was 4 months old.In 2 minutes,there would be fluff every where! lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 31, 2013 at 11:20 AM
Ok thanks for u thoughts

Quoting psychessun:

things destroyed?  train your dogs -- then they won't ruin your shit.  i've had many dogs and they never destroyed anything.

yes, big dogs cost more to feed, that is about the only expense that will logically increase.

redneckmama4
by Loree on May. 31, 2013 at 11:20 AM
No.
Razzle_Dazzle1
by Platinum Member on May. 31, 2013 at 11:31 AM
They eat more and their flea medicine costs more but, other than that, It's not that much. Of course the boxer eats more. His stomach is bigger than the Chihuahua's entire body.
CafeMom Tickers
CafeMom Tickers
CafeMom Tickers
CafeMom Tickers
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 31, 2013 at 11:36 AM
maybe food costs. I have a dobie and an English bulldog- corgi mix. both are 60lbs. Their food monthly is about $50-60 depending where I buy it. Vet bills aren't much, because they are healthy. toys we buy at dollar tree.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 31, 2013 at 11:37 AM
Lmao. Very true. Thanks I needed a laugh

Quoting Razzle_Dazzle1:

They eat more and their flea medicine costs more but, other than that, It's not that much. Of course the boxer eats more. His stomach is bigger than the Chihuahua's entire body.

nerdymom28
by on May. 31, 2013 at 11:41 AM

Well obviously it's going to cost more in food alone. A bigger dog eats more food than a smaller one.

she_walk_softly
by on May. 31, 2013 at 11:41 AM

For sure.

Food,flea drops,heart worm pills,big dog bones,toys,gear all cost more.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)