Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am neglecting my kid--So what??

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies
Okay now I got your attention- I refuse to put my child in Outpatient PT and OT for the summer- If your child has extensive special needs but you do all you do to get him/her out in the community-which means having 24/7 care (an adult child) and then the doctor ordered in Physical Therapy and Occupational Therapy--but then In home health agency (and yes he has in home health care) says he is not able to have it because he goes to school (again on a special bus and 24/7 care) and to horse therapy (could not go for 3 years until they -horse place got a special hoyer lift) and he is out in community and so now No In home Physical Therapy and In Home Occupational Therapy? What do you think about that? (oh and the ones that say just take him to Outpatient-he already has 18 plus doctors and to be in his own environment especially for what they want to work on is very important for he is an adult on a toddler level)
Posted by Anonymous on May. 31, 2013 at 11:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 31, 2013 at 11:49 AM

bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 31, 2013 at 11:50 AM

bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 31, 2013 at 11:51 AM

bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 31, 2013 at 11:59 AM

bump

destiny2nv
by on May. 31, 2013 at 12:04 PM
I'm sorry I don't know anything about any of that.
Hope you get some advice.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 31, 2013 at 12:07 PM

Oy vey. The system makes an already taxing situation so much worse. Do they provide transportation to the therapies?

Willow.wind
by on May. 31, 2013 at 12:12 PM

Re title as adult child special needs & you may get some useful feedback 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 1, 2013 at 5:57 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

Oy vey. The system makes an already taxing situation so much worse. Do they provide transportation to the therapies?

No November through March only-yes screwy I know-claiming we can walk to the bus stop because weather better-well pushing an adult child who weighs more than me in heat and I have seizures to the bus stop and then around town in summer is not a good combo pack--
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)