Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How would you feel ? Friend drama. Update...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 27 Replies
So I only have a handful of kids to invite to my childs bday party so before I made the date I checked with everyone ti make sure their calenders were open. I did this two months in advance. Everyone was free to come. So I sent cute invites 4 weeks before with a follow up call a week later just to make sure before finalizing the place. Still everyone was coming. So i find out two days before the party that the person with the most kids had a prior commitment at the same time that was a must that they attend. And I find out today that she knew about this for months. She told me they had push the time back to the time of my ds party so they will be late. I said we have an alotted time and I have to pay for the kids 20 bucks a piece. Meanwhile I find out through the geapevine the event was never pushed back it was always that time and it was planned for months. Why didnt she just tell me? I am at everything for her kids and I am going to something for them tonight as a matter a fact. They are always late to everything and She has no respect for anyones time and I am fed up!!

They showed up after the party. Im done!!
Posted by Anonymous on May. 31, 2013 at 12:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PhoenixV
by on May. 31, 2013 at 12:27 PM

I'd be annoyed too. It may be petty, but I might not go to any/many more of her events either.

Its best to have failure happen early in life. It wakes up the Phoenix bird in you so you rise from the ashes. - Anne Baxter

HanaJoii
by Silver Member on May. 31, 2013 at 12:29 PM

It's really not that deep. Just don't invite her next time and see if you can get a refund for her kids because they aren't attending. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 31, 2013 at 12:31 PM
You know I thought the same thing at first but this event tonight is for one of the children. So I think I should support her children because they cant help she is a hot ass mess!!

Quoting PhoenixV:

I'd be annoyed too. It may be petty, but I might not go to any/many more of her events either.

PhoenixV
by on May. 31, 2013 at 12:33 PM

Yeah, that's part of why I said many. If it's a kid event, ok, but otherwise I might not plan on doing any events with her, either hers or mine.

Quoting Anonymous:

You know I thought the same thing at first but this event tonight is for one of the children. So I think I should support her children because they cant help she is a hot ass mess!!

Quoting PhoenixV:

Its best to have failure happen early in life. It wakes up the Phoenix bird in you so you rise from the ashes. - Anne Baxter

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 31, 2013 at 12:34 PM
Oh but is deep because this is a running theme with her. She over commits to look good to everyone but ends up looking like an ass. Everyone is begininng to dislike her. I keep giving her chance after chance. So shame on me

Quoting HanaJoii:

It's really not that deep. Just don't invite her next time and see if you can get a refund for her kids because they aren't attending. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 31, 2013 at 12:36 PM
1 mom liked this

If you knew she was always late and has no respect for anyone's time, why invite her in the first place?

SJG1013
by SJG on May. 31, 2013 at 12:36 PM
I would see if you can invite any other kids.

I would also confront her.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 31, 2013 at 12:39 PM
Yeah she has been wanting me to go out so she can vent about her problems (which she has lots) and i am exhausted with her. Its been like this for 10 years. I have been avoiding this girls night out. If I didnt know better I would think she did this on purpose passive aggressively to get back at the fact I wont go out. Women are such drama!! Dh says dont take it personal meanwhile he will hold a grudge to his grave about this.

Quoting PhoenixV:

Yeah, that's part of why I said many. If it's a kid event, ok, but otherwise I might not plan on doing any events with her, either hers or mine.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting PhoenixV:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 31, 2013 at 12:41 PM
Because her dh and my dh are friends

Quoting Anonymous:

If you knew she was always late and has no respect for anyone's time, why invite her in the first place?

xtina8817
by on May. 31, 2013 at 12:43 PM
I'd ask for the money to cover her kids. That's rude
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)