Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

IF I WANT A 100 KIDS I WILL!!! (piog)

Posted by on May. 31, 2013 at 12:37 PM
  • 183 Replies
5 moms liked this

Im so sick of people telling me "You need to close down the factory", "Aren't you done?", "Your uterus will fall out after four!", or my favorite "YOUR CRAZY!" So my DH and I decided to leave the amount of blessings (children) in our lives up to the Lord. Thats doesnt make me crazy. In my mind that just means i trust my Lord with all my heart, BODY, mind and soul. I know He will not give me more than i cant handle. im not on welfare, my kids (all three of them) have a roof over their head, food in their mouth, and enough love to teach the next generation. I know that it will most likely get a little harder with each new blessing but Im ready. i know there is enough room in my heart to 100 kids if God see fit, so there is enough room in my home. Just because a person wants a large family doesnt mean they are asking for a TV show or a bunch of money. I knew i was put on this earth to be a mom, and if that means i would have only had one child then so be it. Right now i have 3 beautiful little girls. I would love to have another. I would love to have a boy...heres praying. But is God decided to stop me at 3, Im ok with that. But Im not going on BC, im NOT getting my tubes tied and my DH will not get snipped. A Large family is not something to be scared of, or pissed off about. Its a blessing. Every single one of them. And if people would think of it that way then it wouldnt be such a scary thought. In regards to teen pregnancy....straight up...DONT HAVE SEX! That is the ONLY BC/contraceptive that you are guaranteed to NOT get pregnant. Im sure i will get bashed for this, but that is what i believe. Did i wait? NOPE! And i ended up pregnant. And that was using a condom thank you. But she changed my life, for the better. Thats another story for another time... So now my vent is over...sorry its so looonnnggg..... But it is annoying when you try your hardest to be as nice as possible to family who thinks they can still make decisions for you like your 16.

Edit: Ok, let me clearly state that this was a VENT! So if you think im trying to tell you all that you have to have 100 kids, or leave the number of kids up to God, Im not. These are my beliefes. Not yours maybe. let the ranting continue....

by on May. 31, 2013 at 12:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Siare
by on May. 31, 2013 at 12:38 PM

Ugh, good for you? I don't really care what your decision is. I just hope you're financially capable of handling their college expenses when the time comes.

gypsy_rose
by Kandy on May. 31, 2013 at 12:40 PM
Ok?
Psalms127
by on May. 31, 2013 at 12:41 PM
THIS WAS A VENT
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 31, 2013 at 12:42 PM

It's all good just as long as I don't end up paying for them

5PointedHuman
by on May. 31, 2013 at 12:42 PM

Why not adopt?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 31, 2013 at 12:43 PM
1 mom liked this

As long as you can comfortably afford the children and they don't have to bunk up 4+ to a room and all share a single bathroom, good for you. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 31, 2013 at 12:44 PM
3 moms liked this
Why? As an adult my children Will need to handle their own college expenses, as did I.

Quoting Siare:

Ugh, good for you? I don't really care what your decision is. I just hope you're financially capable of handling their college expenses when the time comes.

norahsmommy
by Platinum Member on May. 31, 2013 at 12:44 PM
3 moms liked this
I completely understand. People treat children like the plague if you have more than 3. They comment on how hard your life must be, how miserable you must be, how you are certain to get your tubes tied soon or make your dh get a vasectomy. We are pregnant with our 5th now. It's my 6th pregnancy. Our first was a surprise we didn't prevent so I suppose she was planned, the second was planned the third that ended in miscarriage was planned and the fourth was planned and the last 2 were totally unplanned while using bc ( natural family planning and the other condoms). So I give up. Obviously we aren't going to stop having sex. We aren't going to waste our time being angry we got pregnant when we didn't mean to. We did that already and it's guilt inducing and a waste of time. All my kids are fantastic so more are in fact a blessing. We are just going to leave it up to God. The more we have the more creative we get at affording them. ;).
Psalms127
by on May. 31, 2013 at 12:44 PM
1 mom liked this
Adoption has been in our prayers. If the Lord leads us down that path then by all means, still a blessing.
Quoting 5PointedHuman:

Why not adopt?

MIA0223
by Emerald Member on May. 31, 2013 at 12:44 PM
1 mom liked this
Cool.
We have a similar view.
We have 4 kids total. And I will not take BC, but we do do things to minimize my chances of pregnancy.
Don't worry about anyone else's opinions if you are happy and can't financially and emotionally handle the family you have.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)