Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

HELP! Need to know by 2 pm today EDIT

Posted by on May. 31, 2013 at 12:46 PM
  • 26 Replies

My wedding in at the end of June.

I have picked a DJ and paid them the deposit.

They want the remaining balance 3 weeks BEFORE the wedding.

My mom says that you do not pay for services until they are completed.

I am supposed to meet with them today and I dont know what to do.

I called the lady and she said "its in the contract"  then I said well how do I know that your going to show up and she just said again "its in the contract"

SO what do I do?? Pay them and hope for the best? Or find a new DJ?

EDIT: Yes it is in the contract, yes I signed, but I am not worried about losing the deposit. I just dont know if I should trust them or what.

* I was reading thru reviews online and 2 of the 4 people named the woman DJ as his wife with the name Kristina, but the lady I have been talking to as the wife is Cindy. Is that wierd?

by on May. 31, 2013 at 12:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 31, 2013 at 12:47 PM

I would go with your mom's advice. I wouldn't pay the balance until afterward. But look over the contract.

PikachuLuver
by on May. 31, 2013 at 12:48 PM
Uh uh...pay a deposit and then pay AFTER services. Thats what we did for our dj...but it was ten years ago so might have changed.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 31, 2013 at 12:49 PM
What does you contract say?
Mommy2b2many
by on May. 31, 2013 at 12:49 PM

Look at the contract for sure. I had to pay my dj 1 week before the event. But it changes from company to company.

SouthernMamaof1
by Gold Member on May. 31, 2013 at 12:49 PM
1 mom liked this

Typically, services are not paid in full until the service has been completed.

I wouldn't pay them a cent more.  Loose the 50 bucks and get another DJ.  It's better to loose 50 than to not have a DJ at your wedding because they stood you up.

riceybaby4ever
by on May. 31, 2013 at 12:49 PM

I would get a new DJ. Because if you pay the and then your not satisfied with something then your screwed.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 31, 2013 at 12:49 PM
Have you read any of their reviews? if you find another DJ expect to lose your deposit. I wouldn't want to pay until they showed up. Usually you pay at the wedding.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 31, 2013 at 12:49 PM

If its in the contract you should have read it. They might take your deposit now if you cancel.

illinoismommy83
by on May. 31, 2013 at 12:50 PM

I can see why a company would want the money up front. After your wedding you plan to run off on a honeymoon for 1-2 weeks, right? Do you think the DJ wants to be leaving you voicemails for weeks if you forget to pay him in your excitement? Hardly seems like a big deal to prepay for the DJ.

RazzleMySpazz
by on May. 31, 2013 at 12:50 PM
Go through your contract..... Did you get references for them??
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)