Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Well, thanks for the slap in the face!

Posted by on May. 31, 2013 at 12:51 PM
  • 34 Replies

To keep this short, I've been told "I can't make it through" the fire portion of the EMS academy that I attend. By the two people in my entire life who support me, that's what they come out with. Mommy dearest decided to tell me this two weeks ago and I figured she was just scared for my safety. She told me, "you're not allowed to go".....I'm thinking, "um...what?". This is what I've wanted to do my entire life. She tells me that, "you won't be able to do it, you're just too small".....

A teacher at DS' school this morning told me I was looking really toned and how many days a week that I work out and for how long, I told her. She laughed and said that she couldn't commit for that much work but I explained to her, it was either do this or my entire career went out the window. I told this to my dad. He more tactfully said, "Do you have a backup plan?" I said, "Why? All of a sudden you don't think I can make it, either?" He told me that he didn't want me to get disappointed. BTW: I DO have a back up plan and they both are aware of this :-)

Come the fuck on now! I've been busting my nuts training for 6 months now and now they want to tell me they don't think I can do it?

I'm already a shit ton stronger than I was the first time I took the agility test and I BARELY failed that and I have a year to continue to build. It really kind of was a slap in the face to be told I can't do it!

I needed to get that out.

by on May. 31, 2013 at 12:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lUcKyLoVe22
by Gold Member on May. 31, 2013 at 12:53 PM
1 mom liked this
Prove them wrong mama!!
BeAmour
by Ruby Member on May. 31, 2013 at 12:58 PM

Oh, I plan on it!

I don't know how they assume I'll automatically fail.

I keep progressing in my weights, I've beat my mile time by 2 minutes in 2 days (the last two days, BOOYA!). I have an entire year to work up and 98% of the guys who were in my Phase 1 already went through that portion and they've been telling me what to expect and I know what to work toward!

Quoting lUcKyLoVe22:

Prove them wrong mama!!

cristalf060812
by on May. 31, 2013 at 1:00 PM
O wow that was rude.. I hope u stick to it and I hope u prove them wrong... Keep ur head up high u can do anything u put ur mind to..
xtina8817
by on May. 31, 2013 at 1:01 PM
1 mom liked this
I believe you can do it but it is NEVER dumb to have a contingency plan lol so I agree with dad, but mom was condescending
laranadtony
by Ruby Member on May. 31, 2013 at 1:01 PM
1 mom liked this

Best revenge is to prove them wrong.

BeAmour
by Ruby Member on May. 31, 2013 at 1:02 PM

It just hurt more than anything. They know this is what I've wanted to do my entire life; be a firemedic....always from as far back as I can remember. Certainly they could have burst my dream when I was 10, right? Don't wait until I'm 27 and have been training tirelessly everyday!

Quoting cristalf060812:

O wow that was rude.. I hope u stick to it and I hope u prove them wrong... Keep ur head up high u can do anything u put ur mind to..

lUcKyLoVe22
by Gold Member on May. 31, 2013 at 1:02 PM
1 mom liked this
Wow! Good for you! <3

Quoting BeAmour:

Oh, I plan on it!

I keep progressing in my weights, I've beat my mile time by 2 minutes in 2 days (the last two days, BOOYA!). I have an entire year to work up and 98% of the guys who were in my Phase 1 already went through that portion and they've been telling me what to expect and I know what to work toward!

Quoting lUcKyLoVe22:

Prove them wrong mama!!

CotterpinDoozer
by Platinum Member on May. 31, 2013 at 1:04 PM
2 moms liked this

Once you prove them wrong, try to be graceful in your gloating.

AV made by NiamhWitch

BeAmour
by Ruby Member on May. 31, 2013 at 1:04 PM

Thank you.

He knows I have a contingency plan; maybe he forgot. I know there is always the possibility, I could get hurt during it or not pass academically; I know that and I know what I'll do in case I don't get through but "can't" isn't in my vocabularly.

My mom is ALWAYS condescending.

Quoting xtina8817:

I believe you can do it but it is NEVER dumb to have a contingency plan lol so I agree with dad, but mom was condescending

LClark1973
by Silver Member on May. 31, 2013 at 1:05 PM
1 mom liked this

I will tell you it will feel so GOOD when you prove them wrong.  You will make it, and you will be amazing. 

Quoting BeAmour:

Oh, I plan on it!

Quoting lUcKyLoVe22:

Prove them wrong mama!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)