Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Telling DH you're pregnant when he absolutely didn't want more kids...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 4 Replies

Soo, I just found out I'm pregnant with my 4th child.  I'm nervously excited.  DH and I had decided that 3 kids were all that we wanted and now, surprise, I'm pregnant.  I have always been open to the idea of having more but he absolutely does not want more.   I think really I am in shock!  It took 2 years of trying for our 2nd child and 2 1/2 years along with fertility drugs for our 3rd child. 

Anyways, how do I tell DH?  He is going to freak the heck out!! He won't be mad at me or anything like that but he will be really stressed out about it.  Our house is tiny, he is about to change jobs and may have to take a pay cut, etc. 

Any ideas for breaking it to him gently?

Posted by Anonymous on May. 31, 2013 at 12:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
BrainFarts
by on May. 31, 2013 at 1:00 PM

Just tell him... If he was that done with it he should have done more to prevent it...

liss.n.chris
by on May. 31, 2013 at 1:03 PM

Just tell him.  If he really absolutely didn't want anymore kids, he should have been more adamant about preventing it. 

MJuliet
by Bronze Member on May. 31, 2013 at 1:11 PM

make all the kids wear " big brother" "big sister" shirts, see if he gets it. lol!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 31, 2013 at 1:17 PM

Lol!  That would be funny!

Quoting MJuliet:

make all the kids wear " big brother" "big sister" shirts, see if he gets it. lol!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)