Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Paid to take care of elderly dad?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 3 Replies

My dad is a stage 4 cancer patient and he seems to be needing more monitoring throughout the day. My sisters have suggested that instead of looking for another job - which I have mentioned because of my 2hr commute from home - I look into getting paid by the state to take care of my dad.

I am in California, but would like some feedback from anyone who knows about it. I know it may vary from state to state, but I've been searching online and haven't received any credible sites that I can get solid information. If you know of a site, please help. I would like to know the max # of hours you get paid and also the hourly pay that they would compensate. Just trying to weigh out my options and see what's our options because if it's okay I guess I can do it but I'm not going to make ends meet I would have to get a regular job and then pitch in with my sisters to hire someone.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 31, 2013 at 1:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 31, 2013 at 1:13 PM
Call the county. Or social services. I get paid thru the state to care for my grandmother. Its only 10 hrs a week but its a paycheck
liss.n.chris
by on May. 31, 2013 at 1:14 PM

Never heard of that.

lUcKyLoVe22
by Gold Member on May. 31, 2013 at 1:14 PM
I'm no help but sorry that you're going through this. Stay strong mama!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)