Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Am I still Marketable

Posted by on May. 31, 2013 at 1:24 PM
  • 12 Replies

I was hoping all you great women could help!  I've been married twice, the last one I thought was the ONE, however he went nuts after his dad died and started leaving for months at a time without telling me where he was or calling me and after 2 years of this I left.  Now I'm beginning to think if I'll ever find that true love again!  I have had 15 spinal surgeries and scoliosis among other back diseases, but by looking at me you'd never know it, I am still able to walk, I do need to rest at times, but otherwise I'm quite the trooper.  I am 52, 5'11" blonde, brown eyed, 38DD and weigh 160.  Should I just succumb to living my life alone with my dogs or should I once again take the chance and throw myself out there, possibly getting hurt again?  I am so lonely now and the depression is getting so bad. I am so happy I've found a site where it's all women and I can talk and be honest!

Thank you all!

KymmLisa4

by on May. 31, 2013 at 1:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 31, 2013 at 1:25 PM
There's a lot for every pot if you are interested in finding it
emt088
by Silver Member on May. 31, 2013 at 1:29 PM
At 35 with two kids by himself full time, my dh got himself a 20 year old girlfriend with a kick ass body and a good education... if there's hope for him there's hope for everyone! (Lol)
seriously though, my mom died at 57 years old and my father (66) still got hit on allll the time.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 31, 2013 at 1:31 PM
1 mom liked this

Be happy with you first and you will attract all kinds of great guys! 

6StarsOnly
by Silver Member on May. 31, 2013 at 1:46 PM

Yes, you are still marketable! Women have married at all ages later in life or after several marriages. Don't despair. My grandmother married at 78 to a wonderful man who took care of her until she died at 91. It was her third marriage and as a matter of fact she was quite content living alone and having her girlfriends to socialize with before then.

If I were you I'd be enjoying my single days (having no one to make me unhappy or have to work around), making lots of girlfriends and enjoying learning new things about myself. Sometimes we don't spend enough time alone in our life to reinvent ourselves or see how we have grown over the years. I bet there is a lot of things in your life that you haven't thought of in years. Good memories, bad memories, what you like now that maybe you didn't before. There is a whole lot of self reflecting that you can do.

Don't worry, love will come around again. It's never too late unless you want it to be.

My older girlfriend went through tons of duds and finally met a man who she never thought she would ever be interested in! They are now planning to move in together and spend the rest of their lives together.

My only advice is don't just jump in looking for someone because you're lonely or afraid that you will end up alone. Turn to your girlfriends instead for support.  

Jinxed8
by Gold Member on May. 31, 2013 at 1:50 PM

of course you are .... why don't you try a site like eHarmony where they are supposed to find your perfect match !  There has to be someone out there for you.  I know it's not easy being single.  Even putting up a profile on a dating site can be at the very least a good boost to your ego.

Hey, I know a woman who has 3 kids, one with autism and behavior problems, the other 2 are .let's say ... a handfull and she's found someone again. If she can, honestly anyone can !

-_-
by on May. 31, 2013 at 1:53 PM
If you're really viewing yourself as a product, you're probably done.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KymmLisa4
by on Jun. 1, 2013 at 7:31 PM

Right now I am enjoying my single life and learning to make friends.  I went from Dad to an abusive husband who cut me off from all my friends and then the second husband was great till he decided he didn't want to work anymore and faked a disability, retired from his Union making $50,000 disability and $18,000 pension when he used to make $185,000 working.  He'd come and go for months at a time without a call or anything, got into drugs and then was flabergasted when I moved out and said see ya!  I never learned how to make girlfriends, so I'm working on that right now, but findng it difficult here in Southern CA as they are all so materialistic!  I'm afraid to turn around in front of them for fear of a knife going in my back.  But I've been in my apt. since Oct. 2012 and I've learned that I'm not as helpless as I thought I was.  I'm really looking for a man to go out with and have fun with, nothng serious now.  I do love doing things when I want and how I want and if I want Cheerios for dinner I have them.  My children, who are grown have grown much closer to me and I moved 5 minutes from my 85 year old parents and 10 minutes from my gorgeous 3 grandchildren.

I thank you all for the kind words of encouragement!!!  I do feel better now and just may get dressed nice and go have a coffee, I don't drink, at the Friday's on the corner!  You guys are great and again, I'm so glad I refound Cafe Moms!

Love Ya All!

KymmLisa4

princesskt
by Bronze Member on Jun. 1, 2013 at 9:08 PM

Yes, you can find true love again.  Just make sure that you love and are confident with yourself! 

I know you mentioned you are lonely, but there are many places to meet people...coffee shop, bar, clubs, church or other groups...I know a girl who met friends in the area by going to the website meetup.com and starting a group for women her age trying to meet people...It worked well for her!  I'm not necessarily saying you will find one on that website, but I would keep an open mind and look for ways/places to meet people. 

You seem like a good person.  I'm sure you can get through this!!!

I'm sorry to hear about all your surgeries...It sounds like you have been through a lot! 

I'm glad you enjoy being on the site.  It has helped me to view situations through different perspectives and get advice.

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Jun. 1, 2013 at 9:10 PM

Why are you in thong panties for your profile pic??

Quoting 6StarsOnly:

Yes, you are still marketable! Women have married at all ages later in life or after several marriages. Don't despair. My grandmother married at 78 to a wonderful man who took care of her until she died at 91. It was her third marriage and as a matter of fact she was quite content living alone and having her girlfriends to socialize with before then.

If I were you I'd be enjoying my single days (having no one to make me unhappy or have to work around), making lots of girlfriends and enjoying learning new things about myself. Sometimes we don't spend enough time alone in our life to reinvent ourselves or see how we have grown over the years. I bet there is a lot of things in your life that you haven't thought of in years. Good memories, bad memories, what you like now that maybe you didn't before. There is a whole lot of self reflecting that you can do.

Don't worry, love will come around again. It's never too late unless you want it to be.

My older girlfriend went through tons of duds and finally met a man who she never thought she would ever be interested in! They are now planning to move in together and spend the rest of their lives together.

My only advice is don't just jump in looking for someone because you're lonely or afraid that you will end up alone. Turn to your girlfriends instead for support.  

vindicated
by on Jun. 1, 2013 at 9:11 PM

your hot.

go get laid

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)