Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

She changed her mind and has how decided to get an abortion. And she expects my son to pay for it,

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 511 Replies
1 mom liked this
My son is 20.
He had a girlfriend. We'll call her Sara, who was 19. They had been dating since he was 15..

DS has his own apartment.
Has a job. And is attending an online college, through Full Sail university.

He and Sara were living together.
They broke up a month and a half ago.

Two weeks ago she told him she took a pregnancy and it was positive.

He went with her to the doctor 2 days later. and she is pregnant. She was 8 weeks.

They both came over and told me and dh.

Sara said she didn't want anything to do with this baby and that she wanted to give the baby up for adoption.

DS told her that he would take full custody after the baby was born. He'd buy everything for the baby. That he'd help with the medical bills too.

She said he didn't have to help with the medical bills. That she just didn't want to raise this baby right now and that she would give him full custody of the baby if that's what he wanted.

Ds came over today freaking out.

He said Sara came called and told him that she's decided to have an abortion. AND that she wants him to pay for it.

He wants to keep this baby.

He said he tried talking to her and that she is no longer willing to carry the baby so he can take on full custody after the baby is born.

He's extremely upset. And she is apparently pissed because he told her that he will not pay for her to have an abortion. She left a voicemail on his phone telling him that he's a horrible person for not helping her. And she even has called my phone several times and has led t voicemails, but I haven't checked them....

DS is extremely upset.
I understand that he can't force her to carry the baby. He understands that too.

I think she is out of line Expecting him to pay for the abortion of a child that she knows he wants to keep.

Why would she even expect him to do that?!

DS is in the study talking to his dad..

He was actually crying earlier...I haven't seen him cry like that since he broke his leg when he was 13.

He doesn't think there's any chance of her changing her mind.

He said she seemed set on it and that she wasn't even the least bit willing to consider carrying the baby and giving him custody like before.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 31, 2013 at 1:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
GOBryan
by on May. 31, 2013 at 1:44 PM
31 moms liked this

She does have a right to have an abortion because it's her body but if he's against it, then she needs to understand that he will not contribute to killing his child. She can take full responsibility for that and pay for it on her own, however, if she chooses to have it, he'll gladly help her. 

Like she has a right to an abortion, he has a right to decide how he can help. 

ButterMeUp
by Butters on May. 31, 2013 at 1:44 PM
30 moms liked this

She's a bitch. If she wants to abort that's her right , but she shouldn't have told him about the baby and got his hopes up. Now the bitch wants money to abort a baby he want's?

Honestly, is this bitch on crack?

*If you read my post and there are mistakes in my spelling or grammar please note that I never learned either in school and I am currently learning them now. If you see a mistake POLITELY point it out and I'll be more than happy to correct my mistake. Here's a fun little siggy for your enjoyment. *

OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on May. 31, 2013 at 1:46 PM
4 moms liked this

Clearly she's young, scared, and confused and is not taking anyone else's feelings into account but her own.

People do vicious things when they feel their backs are against the wall. 

Quoting ButterMeUp:

She's a bitch. If she wants to abort that's her right , but she shouldn't have told him about the baby and got his hopes up. Now the bitch wants money to abort a baby he want's?

photo anigif_enhanced-buzz-7782-1364935841-8.gif
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 31, 2013 at 1:48 PM
I don't know what her problem is lately. She use to be so sweet. Right up until a right before they broke up. I don't even know why they broke up.

Quoting ButterMeUp:

CoolRelax
by Platinum Member on May. 31, 2013 at 1:49 PM
1 mom liked this

Her right to abort, but expecting him to pay is waaaaaaay out of line! 

PhoenixsMommy10
by Platinum Member on May. 31, 2013 at 1:49 PM
7 moms liked this
She has a right to have an abortion, and he has a right not to support her decision.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 31, 2013 at 1:49 PM
16 moms liked this
Id have him take her to court to prevent the abortion. I get she has the right to abort, but he should have a say also. If it doesnt work, at least he tried everything he possiably could
mommy_2_be_2010
by Ruby Member on May. 31, 2013 at 1:51 PM
Wow i'm sorry
IhartU
by Gold Member on May. 31, 2013 at 1:51 PM

She can't MAKE him pay for it. If he is against the abortion and she knows it and she still wants to go through with it, she should pay for it herself.

Schauseil
by Gold Member on May. 31, 2013 at 1:51 PM
5 moms liked this
Whether he likes her descision or not, he needs to realize that its still his baby. He should pay for at least half of the procedure.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)