Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How long did date/live with your spouse before you got married?

Posted by on May. 31, 2013 at 1:50 PM
  • 65 Replies

My ex SIL, through my step brother that is just like a biobrother to me, is getting married for the 5th time after dating this guy for a month and a half! typical of her. She told us all, the family, this morning after a school related event that we all went to for their son. She was  talking all about how this is so different than all her other relationships and going on and on about how magical and special it all is. We have heard this story before and I had to look away several times and stop myself from telling her she is a F-ing flaky moron right there in the midst of her premarital bliss and glory.  

I married my husband soon after we met too though, I have to admit, but nothing like this soon. It was about a year before we decided to get married and we knew it was right from the start. He is my only marriage and we have been together over 10 happy years now. I'm not being smug about this. I know a year is not very long and I'm lucky to have such a great husband for so long in general.

IDK, I just wonder how often this happens, the kind of thing with my ex SIL I mean. I think this kind of thing is so stupid and why make such a big production out of it. After hearing the same story a million times over and over again and then hearing about how wrong she was ove and over agian no one believes her or really cares anymore.

by on May. 31, 2013 at 1:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CjEmmemommy
by on May. 31, 2013 at 1:51 PM

We met in high school 5 weeks before we married. I was in Mexico one of those weeks.

theosgirl45
by Platinum Member on May. 31, 2013 at 1:52 PM

We started dating in August 2007 and got married in January 2008.  Our DD was born in June 2008 and our son was born in October 2012.  We have been married 5 and a half years now.

In vain he thrusts his fists against the posts and still insists he sees the ghosts.

liss.n.chris
by on May. 31, 2013 at 1:53 PM

Almost 5 years

Amanda.Alger
by on May. 31, 2013 at 1:53 PM
My wife and I were together for 4 months before we moved in together, and lived together almost 2 years before we married.
tattdmom2prncss
by on May. 31, 2013 at 1:54 PM

I knew my husband for 4 months before we started dating. I got kicked out of my house just after I turned 18 so I moved in with him 2 weeks after we were officially dating. We lived together for over 5 years before we got married and we're now getting ready to celebrate our 11 year anniversary & 6 year wedding anniversary.

NiamhWitch
by Póg mo thóin on May. 31, 2013 at 1:54 PM

One month (dating).

EDIT: we had known each other for two months when we started dating.

Simple-Beauty
by Gold Member on May. 31, 2013 at 1:55 PM
We got married 7 1/2 months after we met, we didn't live together until after we got married.
ChrissyReznor
by Ruby Member on May. 31, 2013 at 1:55 PM
We dated for 4 months before we got married
MamaRae85
by *you're on May. 31, 2013 at 1:55 PM

We dated for four months before we got  married. We were engaged after a month of dating. We didn't live together before marriage.

B1Bomber
by Ruby Member on May. 31, 2013 at 1:55 PM

We dated for  2 weeks, were engaged 6 months, and moved in together when we married.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)