Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

uh lady, that can kill your kid.

Posted by on May. 31, 2013 at 1:55 PM
  • 6 Replies
I can't stand to see kids in carseats proped up on the top of the shopping cart. I see it non-stop. Its so dangerous.
Most of the time I will approach the person doing it and just let them know how the carseat and fall over and it can destroy the lock on the bottom, which can cause it to be faulty in case of a car accident. I've never been mean or rude, and I explain that I did the same thing until I saw a baby actually fall once. The people I talk to are always grateful for me telling them, we will chit chat and that's it.
Well, at the grocery yesterday I saw a woman at the bakery counter that had the carseat perached, not locked, and the baby was not buckled in either. I came over and smiled, told her how beautiful her dd was, then started to explain why it was unsafe. Her response was "I've got my hand on it."
"Well when you were at the counter you didn't. I just don't want your dd to fall."
"I'm fast. She won't fucking fall!"
At which point she threw her hands out and nearly knocked the carseat off. I said "have a nice day" and walked away.
My heart is still pounding. I was so scared when I saw that seat start to fall over, I just knew that baby was going to crack her head on the floor.
Ahhh vent over.
by on May. 31, 2013 at 1:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 22, 2015 at 2:32 AM
MYOB.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 22, 2015 at 2:32 AM
Some people just don't care. My husband tried to do it when our middle child was a baby, I stopped that real quick. It helped on shopping trips, ha ha, we never spent too much after that because we didn't have the room in the cart after putting the car seat in the bigger part.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 22, 2015 at 2:47 AM
My pet peeve is kids in the cart standing and moving around. I will never forget being a 19 yr old cashier and witnessing a toddler crack their head open literally on Sams Club floor at my register. Girl damn near died. I held her skull together waiting on paramedics.
KoiKamsahamnida
by Gold Member on Oct. 22, 2015 at 2:52 AM

This to me is almost like car seat safety. Seeing pics of kids in shitty car seats.... most of the time the parents dont give a fuck and wont listen to you. It sucks. Its sad :(

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 22, 2015 at 2:53 AM
God damn it. This is an old post too.
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Oct. 22, 2015 at 3:03 AM
1 mom liked this

RESSURECT ANOTHER OLD THREAD WHILE YOUR AT IT:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)