Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

We have to put our dog down tomorrow

Posted by on May. 31, 2013 at 2:49 PM
  • 23 Replies

Our dog has been sick lately - he is not eating, he drinks constant, he only wants to sleep or pace up and down the house, he has started to pee in the house and he is losing weight at a alarming rate. 

So a couple of days ago my husband took him to the vet.  The blood work/Biopsy came back today and it is not good.  Turns out his liver cancer has got worse.  Vet has told us they believe it has spread and it honestly would be the best to put him down.  They do not think that the treatments are working and we would only be prolonging the inevitable.   He is a older dog being a Bull Mastiff and 9 years old.  It will be a very sad night tonight and for the next while at our house.  I am going to miss you Zeus my big Buddy Boy.

by on May. 31, 2013 at 2:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
teri4lance
by Ruby Member on May. 31, 2013 at 2:49 PM
Sorry mama. Its for the best tho.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
anotherhalf
by on May. 31, 2013 at 2:50 PM
I'm so sorry. I've been there. Its heartbreaking to have to say goodbye.
NNB
by on May. 31, 2013 at 2:50 PM

I'm so sorry, hug your dog today, take lots of pictures xx

elephantmamaof2
by Ruby Member on May. 31, 2013 at 2:51 PM

I'm so sorry mama, losing a pet is rough! Hugs!

kimber2465
by Ruby Member on May. 31, 2013 at 2:51 PM

so sorry. we put our gizmo to sleep right before christmas. he was 14 years old

mom2hadley
by Jagged Edge on May. 31, 2013 at 2:51 PM
I am very sorry about your dog. It is never easy to let go of a pet like that. Just spend quite a bit of time with him this evening :(
elephantmamaof2
by Ruby Member on May. 31, 2013 at 2:52 PM

Oh, another thing, keep his collar and tags, you can make a little shadow box with some pictures and his stuff. I made one for my parents when they had to put their last dog down, she had cancer too :(

highlandmum
by Spunky on May. 31, 2013 at 2:52 PM

We do have lots of pictures.  I do not want to take any tonight, I do not want to remember him like this.  He is so thin, it is such a difference even from 1 week ago.

Thanks Everyone

Quoting NNB:

I'm so sorry, hug your dog today, take lots of pictures xx

IUND
by on May. 31, 2013 at 2:52 PM

I am so sorry.  We had to make that decision for our 8 year old dog last year.  She had cancer too.  May peace be with you and your family. 

Our vet put us in touch with this group: http://petangelmemorialcenter.com/ 

delilahsmom1177
by on May. 31, 2013 at 2:52 PM

Oh Momma I am so sorry. Cuddle him tonight and let him know he is loved. They say animals don't understand human emotion but come on we all can see that is not true if you have pets. Sending love and light to and your family. Hugs momma nothing but love!

I'm tattooed,pagan,pro-choice,pro-legalizing marijuana,pro-gay marriage,anti-war,non-vaxing,tree hugging,animal loving,book reading,animal testing free,depression battling, trying to raise a free spirit and letting her be who she is but still teaching her important life lessons,fighting for equal rights at the same time,don't like it get over it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)