Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Correct punishment? Or should I have done more?

Posted by on May. 31, 2013 at 3:09 PM
  • 5 Replies
Kiddo was playing around and he slapped me. He wasn't being malicious, I truly think he wasn't thinking and hauled off and slapped me. Immediatly he dropped his hands and his eyes got big and he apologized to me. I accepted his apology and reminded him that he isn't allowed to hit.

I did contemplate putting him in time out but because he realized immediately what he did and apologized I let it slide but I'm not sure if that was the best course of action.

Kiddo hits and kicks often. Not me though and not around me because punishment is constant.....always a stern talking to as well as a time out but his parents won't do anything when he does hit or kick. I can't tell you how many times I've witnessed him haul off and kick one of his parents and they will say why did you kick me and then he starts crying and they tell him its ok and that's it. Never any punishment. It's gotten to the point that when he does that in front of me I get on to him and put him in time out and that's why I'm now questioning earlier today and if I handled it correctly.

Of course I'm not going to punish him for what happened this morning but if it was to happen again, and I believe it truly was an accident persay should I let it slide again or should I send him to time out?

He's almost 4 BTW
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 31, 2013 at 3:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
spunky946
by Emerald Member on May. 31, 2013 at 3:11 PM

I would have probably put him in time out.

Roxygurl
by Sapphire Member on May. 31, 2013 at 3:15 PM
See that's what I'm thinking :(

Ugh I wish he would get over this hitting and kicking stage he's been in for 2 years.

Quoting spunky946:

I would have probably put him in time out.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Roxygurl
by Sapphire Member on May. 31, 2013 at 3:26 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JulyBabies
by Platinum Member on May. 31, 2013 at 3:28 PM
I think time out would have been wrong, it sounds like maybe an excited accident?
Roxygurl
by Sapphire Member on May. 31, 2013 at 3:30 PM
That's exactly what it was. An excited accident. He didn't do it on purpose.

Quoting JulyBabies:

I think time out would have been wrong, it sounds like maybe an excited accident?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)