Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms

Posted by on May. 31, 2013 at 3:24 PM
  • 19 Replies

I am seventeen years old and pregnant with my second child (although it is my third pregnancy; unfortunately my fiancee and I recently suffered a miscarriage). Needless to say, the response has been mixed, and most feedback on the pregnancy has been negative. Is it really such a terrible thing to be a young mom?
by on May. 31, 2013 at 3:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MIA0223
by Emerald Member on May. 31, 2013 at 3:25 PM
Not the life I would want or want for my DD.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 31, 2013 at 3:27 PM

I had my first baby at 18 so I can't really say much but I would sure want better for my DD.  I would be pretty disappointed in her if she had 2 kids before she was even an adult.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 31, 2013 at 3:28 PM
We tend to forget just how young females used to be when they'd have their first child. It's looked upon as "taboo" today and why?
Did women's lib have something to do with it? Lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 31, 2013 at 3:28 PM
3 moms liked this

If you can support yourself, not be on PA and have a plan for your future than no it is not a bad thing.

If you are unemployed, on PA and have no life plan, then yes its bad and you should not be trying for more kids. Oh and I was a young mom too.

l0nely
by on May. 31, 2013 at 3:28 PM
If you like it and you're able to provide for yourself and your children, then good for you.
I personally hated having two kids at 19.
Angeliquer13
by on May. 31, 2013 at 3:30 PM
Let me just say I'm only 19 with a 7 month. I don't think it's a horrible thing as long as your mentally,emotionally, and financially stable.
happymomma13
by Platinum Member on May. 31, 2013 at 3:30 PM
I'm young too. (: no problems with it in my opinion. Unless you're a permanent PA fixture.
Maks1mommy
by Emerald Member on May. 31, 2013 at 3:31 PM

I just had my second, I'll be 21 in July though,so I am older than you are. I wouldn't want this for my dd or ds at all. 

crysiann
by Platinum Member on May. 31, 2013 at 3:34 PM

My sil is 24 and they have 3 children now. She had her first at 17. She is a great mom, and my brother is a great dad. So, if you are mature enough, and have support, good for you!

rfhsure
by beast mode on May. 31, 2013 at 3:35 PM

being pregnant with #2 at 17 is naturally going to ger some backlash. I think a lot if teens think they have it together just because theyre engaged/married, without acknowledging the possibility of failure. just because someone is married or has their own place doesn't mean they've got things figued out. And planning for a baby as a yeenager in this society can be an indication of immaturity to a lot of people, and many teens get overly defensive about with only incriminates them further. If you join a forum you have to prepare yourself for that kind of scrutiny. just keep in mind no one actually knows you. Only you know if you're a good mother or not. the problem isn't being a young mom, it's oftren the mentality that accompanies it. There's a good chance if you're a truly mature person and made posts about just  the pregnancy and no one knew your age you would probably get feedback. a lot of girls make thir age the first thing they post about their pregnancy. It just doesnt look good. again I don't know you, not making judgements here, just telling you the norm.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)