Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help! My son won't let me put shoes on him!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies
I never really put shoes on my DS because i heard hard sole shoes weren't so great for their foot development or something. Well now that he's walking i want to put shoes on him when we go out. He will not let me! He doesn't scream and throw a fit. But he curls his toes so i can't get them all the way on and he kicks me and takes them off. What should i do?
Posted by Anonymous on May. 31, 2013 at 4:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 31, 2013 at 4:14 PM

Gloves might work

Source: Another CM post.

JulyBabies
by Platinum Member on May. 31, 2013 at 4:15 PM

I would just tell him he's not getting out of the stroller unless he puts them on...and I know my kids wanted out!

OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on May. 31, 2013 at 4:15 PM

Oh dear god, what have you done to yourself?!

If he doesn't have some sort of sensory disorder that makes him hate the feeling of shoes, I would start with baby steps and first buy socks with those rubber patches on the heels, graduate to flip-flops, then close-toed sandals, and eventually shoes.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 31, 2013 at 5:43 PM
He doesn't mind socks. And he doesn't fight me when i put on soft sole shoes, but those aren't great to walk in

Quoting OwlNuggets:

If he doesn't have some sort of sensory disorder that makes him hate the feeling of shoes, I would start with baby steps and first buy socks with those rubber patches on the heels, graduate to flip-flops, then close-toed sandals, and eventually shoes.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 31, 2013 at 5:43 PM
He probably won't know what that means.. He's only 11 months old lol

Quoting JulyBabies:

I would just tell him he's not getting out of the stroller unless he puts them on...and I know my kids wanted out!

tifferie
by A$$tastic on May. 31, 2013 at 5:44 PM
These.

Quoting OwlNuggets:

MooseMomma
by Platinum Member on May. 31, 2013 at 5:51 PM
Here's a bump. I won't be of any help because my 11 month old loves his shoes.
crochetdiva
by Member on May. 31, 2013 at 7:30 PM

Hold said shoe in one hand and hold kids foot in the other hand. Gently tickle middle of the foot on the bottom with one finger and very quickly put the shoe on.

Greenstone920
by Silver Member on May. 31, 2013 at 7:32 PM
1 mom liked this
Soft soled shoes are fine to walk in at this age. Mostly it's just important that his feet are covered.
A_McCool
by on May. 31, 2013 at 7:35 PM

Soft soled shoes are fine.  I buy my shoes with the thinnest sole I can possibly find because I still absolutely hate shoes.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)