Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I just told my 6 yr old I am sending him away

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 39 Replies

And before I get bashed...yes I know it was wrong. I honestly dont even know what to do right now. He has me in tears.

Everyday, he isnt happy. He gets mad when I dont let him get away with shit. He will go and take my kindle, cell phone and other stuff that I have in my room and play it without permission. He knows the only time he is allowed is when I say ok. He then lies about it. Or blames his sister.

Lately he has been talking back to me and pouting all the time, telling me he doesnt love me, hitting his sister and so much more. He doesnt do this to his dad. Only me. I always tell him I love him and why wont he try to obey mommy and unless he is getting his way he is terrible.

He is the sweetest little boy but I dont get why he acts like I do nothing for him. He never goes without anything he wants. I will always get it for him for his birthday or Christmas. If he requests something in the store food wise Ill buy it for him. Dh says to stop giving in to him which I am trying not to do.

Which lead to today. He threw yet another tantrum and I told him maybe he needs to go live with nana and papa since he is so unhappy here. He knows he is loved and wanted here. He loves going to his grandparents and always wants to be there. Probably bc he gets spoiled. I just feel terrible for saying that to him. I had to step out of the room while I calm down. I feel like a failure as a parent :(

Posted by Anonymous on May. 31, 2013 at 4:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
spunky946
by Emerald Member on May. 31, 2013 at 4:30 PM

Well what do you do to discipline him when he takes something he should not?

liss.n.chris
by on May. 31, 2013 at 4:31 PM

You are not the first parent to say it, you won't be the last.  But I agree with your husband, you can't give into him.  I know it's hard to not give our kids what they want, but they have to know they can't always get everything.

Nickie76
by Silver Member on May. 31, 2013 at 4:32 PM

You have to set boundaries, take control you're the parent. No bashing you know what you said was out of anger just don't make it habit...

Beenhereforever
by on May. 31, 2013 at 4:32 PM
He sounds spoiled. Honestly. You need to take everything away and make him earn it. Time out and shit. My dd was like that and she Del entitled and like she ran the house. Put a stop to it now!!
Bethsunshine
by on May. 31, 2013 at 4:33 PM
1 mom liked this
Maybe he acts that way because you DO give him everything he wants.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 31, 2013 at 4:33 PM

I send him to his room for a bit or I will not let him have dessert or a toy he wants. Lately he has been wanting to play a game on the ps3 and he knows he will only get that if he bahaves.

Quoting spunky946:

spunky946
by Emerald Member on May. 31, 2013 at 4:34 PM

Sounds like you need to get stricter.

Quoting Anonymous:

I send him to his room for a bit or I will not let him have dessert or a toy he wants. Lately he has been wanting to play a game on the ps3 and he knows he will only get that if he bahaves.

Quoting spunky946:

DIStickers.com Ticker
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 31, 2013 at 4:37 PM

Yeah you are right. He never was this bad until a few weeks ago when school ended. Its been hell all day with him. Its like he doesnt know how to manage without a damn electronic. I told him go play in the toy room with his sister. He tells me hes not going to. So I told him then go to bed since you dont want to do anything. I just took away everything and told him when he shows me he is a big boy he can have something back. I do spank. It doesnt phase him though. I think now he knows how upset I am bc he is just on the couch not saying anything.

Quoting spunky946:

Sounds like you need to get stricter.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting spunky946:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 31, 2013 at 4:39 PM

Yeah, I guess I never realized it before. I need to be more strict and not give in,. Its just so hard bc its my kid. I want him happy.

Quoting Bethsunshine:

Maybe he acts that way because you DO give him everything he wants.

othermom
by Ruby Member on May. 31, 2013 at 4:39 PM
1 mom liked this

Definatly find stricter punishments. Time outs standing with face in the corner, doing chores, no games for a few dyas and no tv.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting spunky946:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)