Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

We are trying to figure out how to make ends meet after our insurance goes up

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 5 Replies

As many of you know, in the next year or so, those of use who pay for insurance (whether on your own or through your work) will likely notice a marked increase in our premiums. From what I have read, it is likely to double the premiums. We are doing well with our 2 children, we have about $400-600 left over at the end of the month after bills and everything else is paid for. But if our premiums double like we have heard they might, there goes that $400-600, we pay $300 every two weeks so we will actually be in the negative some months unless we cut back, which we of course have to.

Before we found out about this, me and DH were considering having another baby, well obviously, we won't be doing that now, which is disapointing but we are trying to be resonsible.

Meanwhile DH's cousin is plastering facebook with posts about her third pregnancy, her, her two are on medicaid and this baby will be on medicaid, they also get food stamps and WIC. Her DH has his own insurance through work but he doesn't make enough to have them all on the plan. They tried for months to get pregnant and medicaid even paid for her hormone testing to find out why she wasn't getting pregnant.

Sorry just needed to vent. It sucks that we are doing what we are supposed to and being responsible and because of that we can't have another baby while those who don't take care of their families now get help to expand them

For the record, I am glad there is a PA system in place because I know otherwise there would be kids starving and dying but it's hard to see people misuing the system

Posted by Anonymous on May. 31, 2013 at 5:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 31, 2013 at 5:13 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 31, 2013 at 5:24 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 31, 2013 at 5:24 PM

BUMP!

liss.n.chris
by on May. 31, 2013 at 5:27 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh good another PA post, we don't see those enough.  From the title I thought you wanted some suggestions on cutting costs.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 31, 2013 at 5:30 PM

No, I know how and where we will have to make cuts. It just sucks that we have to do so while people who don't make half of what DH makes are popping out more kids. It's one thing when you know this is going on but when you see those people daily, it's hard to deal with them

Quoting liss.n.chris:

Oh good another PA post, we don't see those enough.  From the title I thought you wanted some suggestions on cutting costs.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)