Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

take the risks or abort? *abortion related*

Posted by on May. 31, 2013 at 6:52 PM
  • 433 Replies
So in light of the pregnancy tests having light positive lines. I need some advice!
If you are going to bash me then go away, I don't need to hear it!

I got my tubes tied for many reasons, main one being I was done having babies, the other reason was because I got pre-ecclampsia at the end of my pregnancy, in three days I was in kidney failure.

My doc said that it is more likely to happen in any future pregnancies, but sooner each time and with as fast as it progressed from just higher end of normal to kidney failure there is a risk of me dying, because they don't catch it in time.

Or if they do catch it, then it will most likely end up in a preterm baby.

Neither risk seems like a better option, so I tied my tubes.

I've taken three tests so far, all three have a very faint line.

Now if this pregnancy is not in my tubes and is in my uterus and viable, I have a very difficult decision to make at that point.

My first option is accept the risks and proceed with the pregnancy, take a chance at me dying and leave behind four children a newborn and a husband or have a preterm baby and all the risks that come with that. My doc said that it is possible for me to have a full term pregnancy, but not likely because of how fast the onset of the pre-e was.

Or I chose the only other option...abortion.

Wwyd in this situation?


ETA--- I had pre-e with all four of my pregnancies, so it is more likely for me to have it with every pregnancy, rather than hit and miss or just in the first pregnancy.
I was induced with 3/4 pregnancies because of the pre-e, the other came at 36 weeks, but was scheduled to be induced that Monday.

ETA2--- for those of you who keep asking I'm calling my doc in the morning, and will have it confirmed or denied by blood tomorrow. If the blood test is positive there will be an ultrasound when/if my levels reach 1000, to determine viability and placement.

Thanks for keeping this, for the most part, civil!

by on May. 31, 2013 at 6:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mmmonkey
by on May. 31, 2013 at 6:55 PM
55 moms liked this
It's an extremely difficult situation but I think I would choose to save my own life to make sure my other children have their mother.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
blue_elephant
by on May. 31, 2013 at 6:56 PM
It really is a difficult decision

Quoting mmmonkey:

It's an extremely difficult situation but I think I would choose to save my own life to make sure my other children have their mother.
Supervane
by Ruby Member on May. 31, 2013 at 6:56 PM
2 moms liked this
I was just at your other post, is your pregnancy 100% confirmed? Personally I wouldn't worry or wonder about what ifs until certain.
shadow_lark
by Ruby Member on May. 31, 2013 at 6:57 PM
Me too.

Quoting mmmonkey:

It's an extremely difficult situation but I think I would choose to save my own life to make sure my other children have their mother.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 31, 2013 at 6:57 PM

Keepmy child.

blue_elephant
by on May. 31, 2013 at 6:57 PM
Not yet, but its still a decision that needs to be made, the sooner the better.

Quoting Supervane:

I was just at your other post, is your pregnancy 100% confirmed? Personally I wouldn't worry or wonder about what ifs until certain.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 31, 2013 at 6:57 PM
6 moms liked this
I would keep it. Doctors aren't always right. Either way I would personally take that chance. But then again I am an extreme prolife woman.
fullxbusymom
by Sapphire Member on May. 31, 2013 at 6:58 PM
3 moms liked this

I would continue with the pregnancy and risk having a preterm baby.

RobinChristine
by on May. 31, 2013 at 6:59 PM
6 moms liked this

Personally I would carry the baby and want to be monitored more closely. I would be hospitalized for 9 months if that is what it took to carry the baby

blue_elephant
by on May. 31, 2013 at 6:59 PM
Not they aren't always right, but the fact that in three days time I went from having higher end of normal pre-e lab results to on kidney failure, its not unlikely that it would happen again...

Quoting Anonymous:

I would keep it. Doctors aren't always right. Either way I would personally take that chance. But then again I am an extreme prolife woman.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)