Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I fear to ttc

Posted by on May. 31, 2013 at 6:59 PM
  • 20 Replies

i am afraid to ttc for a second baby. I don't fear the labor, but the idea of having to continue being a sahm for longer and maybe I won't be a able to accomplish some other goals i have in life. I am 30 yrs old and I have a 2 yr old now and am thankful I was there for him from birth because many mothers don't have the opportunity to stay with their baby. We are doing financially well and I had the chance to be here for my baby. Have any of you felt like this after your first? Is this normal? How can I feel sure eough to ttc? I like children and I do want my kid to have a sibling. Again, I am fearful sometimes because I don't know if that's the best choice for me or not. I also know I have time to ttc but that also means if the siblings should be closer in age or far apart. It's tough. Thanks in advance.

by on May. 31, 2013 at 6:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
25beengoodtome
by on May. 31, 2013 at 7:02 PM
1 mom liked this

You have goals and desires. Only you can make the choices that will truly please you.

stargaze281
by Gold Member on May. 31, 2013 at 7:02 PM

bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 31, 2013 at 7:03 PM

You're running out of time if you want more kids, however your goals can wait.

fullxbusymom
by Sapphire Member on May. 31, 2013 at 7:03 PM

No we have 4 and we started over again twice.  I have 16, 14, 7 and 15mo's.

IWantOneMorePlz
by on May. 31, 2013 at 7:04 PM

30 is running out of time?  I had my 1st child at 30!

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 31, 2013 at 7:05 PM

Have you done no research into the genetic and generic health risks that increase once you hit your 30s and become pregnant? My mother had me at 32, and I have never, ever, been happy about that.

Quoting IWantOneMorePlz:

Quoting Anonymous:

mamaslilpunkin
by Bronze Member on May. 31, 2013 at 7:09 PM

I think your son is the perfect age for you to ttc.If I could go back in time,I would have ttc when my dd was 2.

IWantOneMorePlz
by on May. 31, 2013 at 7:12 PM

Excuse me for having fertility problems and not having my kids when YOU think I should!

Quoting Anonymous:

Have you done no research into the genetic and generic health risks that increase once you hit your 30s and become pregnant? My mother had me at 32, and I have never, ever, been happy about that.

Quoting IWantOneMorePlz:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 31, 2013 at 7:19 PM

You can have children whenever the hell you want to, it's called a personal opinion. You can get up in arms about it all you like.

Quoting IWantOneMorePlz:

Excuse me for having fertility problems and not having my kids when YOU think I should!

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting IWantOneMorePlz:

Quoting Anonymous:

IWantOneMorePlz
by on May. 31, 2013 at 7:23 PM

Tell that to my uterus.  I tried for 3 years with my first.  3 years for my 2nd, and 7 years (and counting) for my 3rd.  And fertility drugs did not work on me. You have no clue of women's health issues.  You should crawl back into the hole you came out of.

Quoting Anonymous:

You can have children whenever the hell you want to, it's called a personal opinion. You can get up in arms about it all you like.

Quoting IWantOneMorePlz:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting IWantOneMorePlz:

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)