Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

These kids can kiss my @**.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies

By kids I mean the group of snotty college brats that are in our office to be our summer "help".  They are calling it their summer internship...ha.  Count them not one, not two, but SEVEN kids of managers/bosses working in the office.  One little princess let it slip she is making a cool $15.00 an hour...more than most of us make. 

Really they are not all that bad, but they don't do shit.  If you complain you just get a blank stare from your manager because she doesn't have the balls to stand up to the other managers.  It is making my job, that I normally love, fucking miserable.  Some of them are creating double the work.

You know I get it at family run businesses, but this is not a family owned or run business.  Families should not work together like this because it is so unfair to everyone else.  Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 31, 2013 at 7:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mamaslilpunkin
by Bronze Member on May. 31, 2013 at 7:24 PM

Maybe if all of you that don't have kids working there lodge a formal complaint,they'd get kicked out. That situation really sucks!

IWantOneMorePlz
by on May. 31, 2013 at 7:26 PM

check the child labor laws in your state, and report them.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 31, 2013 at 7:26 PM

Well...there are three main bosses, then managers.  All three main bosses have kids working there.  I think I am just going to have to suck it up :/  LOL.

Quoting mamaslilpunkin:

Maybe if all of you that don't have kids working there lodge a formal complaint,they'd get kicked out. That situation really sucks!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 31, 2013 at 7:27 PM

Sorry I should be clear.  They are all in college.  18-22

Quoting IWantOneMorePlz:

check the child labor laws in your state, and report them.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 31, 2013 at 7:28 PM
fuck that, I'll be damned if I have kids pretending to work and earning more than I. soooo glad I work in an office with one other person, and her kid can't even walk yet. and that I make more than $15/hr.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 31, 2013 at 7:29 PM

Hell half of them don't even pretend.  My favorite was one girl just chilling at her desk today reading her book....I mean really....

Quoting Anonymous:

fuck that, I'll be damned if I have kids pretending to work and earning more than I. soooo glad I work in an office with one other person, and her kid can't even walk yet. and that I make more than $15/hr.

mamanjulie
by on May. 31, 2013 at 7:36 PM
That would really get my goat! I take it you're not unionized..... And employers complain that there's no employee loyalty anymore! Paying your kids more then your full time workers is asking for mutiny IMO. Should you find better out there don't hesitate!

Quoting Anonymous:

Hell half of them don't even pretend.  My favorite was one girl just chilling at her desk today reading her book....I mean really....

Quoting Anonymous:

cryssi_renee
by on May. 31, 2013 at 7:37 PM

Lucky little brats! At their age I was working 40 hours a week, went to school full time and had to do my internships whenever I had free time. I basically had 2 jobs. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 31, 2013 at 7:43 PM

What is even better is I work there full time and have a part time job.  My blood was boiling today when she said how much she makes.  :(

Quoting mamanjulie:

That would really get my goat! I take it you're not unionized..... And employers complain that there's no employee loyalty anymore! Paying your kids more then your full time workers is asking for mutiny IMO. Should you find better out there don't hesitate!

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 31, 2013 at 7:45 PM

I worked full time all through college too - at a crappy 8 bucks an hour to add insult to injury...lol.  I would have LOVED to have just worked 2.5 months a year!

Quoting cryssi_renee:

Lucky little brats! At their age I was working 40 hours a week, went to school full time and had to do my internships whenever I had free time. I basically had 2 jobs. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)