Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Court house wedding

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 19 Replies
How did you make your courthouse wedding special?

Did you wear a dress or have flowers?

Posted by Anonymous on May. 31, 2013 at 7:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
raeyliNlilysmom
by Silver Member on May. 31, 2013 at 7:30 PM
Nah.....it was just my mom dh and, I. Dh and, I laughed the whole time.....it was awkward! :/
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 31, 2013 at 7:33 PM

We were married by a JP in his living room.  One of my closest friends and her husband at the time were our witnesses.  Nothing special.  No flowers.

mjlowe
by on May. 31, 2013 at 7:35 PM

My hubs and I got married on a whim... We were in jeans and t-shirts... I'd love a do over! 

faire_jour
by Ruby Member on May. 31, 2013 at 7:35 PM

We ran there after having just woken up. We stopped at Walmart get rings (it was the only place open that early). I don't even remember if we showered first. I cried the whole time. I also had to work that evening at Kinko's!

Been together 15 years since!

meparty
by on May. 31, 2013 at 7:37 PM

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 31, 2013 at 7:39 PM
What was the rush?

Quoting faire_jour:

We ran there after having just woken up. We stopped at Walmart get rings (it was the only place open that early). I don't even remember if we showered first. I cried the whole time. I also had to work that evening at Kinko's!

faire_jour
by Ruby Member on May. 31, 2013 at 7:39 PM

They told us that if we wanted to get married that day we had to be there in 30 minutes. We decided to go for it!

Quoting Anonymous:

What was the rush?

Quoting faire_jour:

ragdoll13
by on May. 31, 2013 at 7:40 PM

We wore everyday clothes, there were no flowers no photos, no guest, no family etc.

and it was still special, because it was just US.  What a marriage should be about anyways . .

skittlefart
by on May. 31, 2013 at 7:40 PM

I'm going to wear a casual but white dress with some flowers in my hair and some flower accessories, I'm going to wear my shoes that I'll be wearing for reception (comfy flip flops) at my ceremony wedding. 

photo a082e1db-a995-4db8-80a1-a6db5f1cf88c_zps2b4588d6.jpg

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 31, 2013 at 7:41 PM

Courthouse weddings are so tacky. Only reason most people have one is because the gal is pregnant or they already have a child.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)