Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

question about smoking.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 19 Replies
I am really not trying to start anything and this is really an honest question. I smoke ciggarettes oh well..anyways well we live out in the country and our nieghbors are really nice. They have a daughter who has yelled at me a few times about putting ny cigarette out well i am standing outside smoking it. Now i really don't see why she needs to be so rude about it because i really don't mind doing it. She doesn't live here but will come here occasionally.
She never gets close to me and is always clear across the yard and i can't even tell it is her that is how far away she is. I smoke and when other people smoke obviously i can't smell or notice it. So serious question..can she really be bothered by my smoke when i am literally so far away that i can't tell it is even her? Or is this weird. I told ny neighbor that i don't mind at all putting it out but all she has to do is ask me nicely instead of yell at me and be rude about it. It isn't like she lives here and not like i know when she is showong up so why be rude.
I guess i just don't see how my smoke can bother her but those of you who don't smoke maybe you can tell me if a ciggarette bothers you from 50 yards away. Thanks ladies.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 31, 2013 at 7:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mrsherron
by Bronze Member on May. 31, 2013 at 7:45 PM
I don't smoke and I can smell it from my mil's house which is about 100 yards away if I'm on my porch and their on theirs smoking. When Dh smoked he would try to hid the smell but nothing worked, I could smell it on him and on his breath. I can't stand to be around smoke and ost people I know who do smoke are nice enough not to smoke around me or my kids, but I would never be rude about asking someone not to smoke around me, especially if its their house or yard. I'd politely remind her of her manners and the fact that she is a guest.
dtm1491
by on May. 31, 2013 at 7:49 PM
3 moms liked this

Wait...you are smoking on your porch? Tell her shut the fuck up.

angelachristine
by Ruby Member on May. 31, 2013 at 7:52 PM
2 moms liked this

I don't smoke and no one is allowed to smoke in my house but that is my house. If I go to visit friends and the smoke bothers me I move away from it and never would I dare to tell someone what they can and can't do on their property. I think she is just rude.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 31, 2013 at 7:55 PM
Yeah she is rude but i still put it out. Thats just how i am. I was in my yard but i really didn't thinking her being clear across the yard more like farm that it would even bother her.

Quoting angelachristine:

I don't smoke and no one is allowed to smoke in my house but that is my house. If I go to visit friends and the smoke bothers me I move away from it and never would I dare to tell someone what they can and can't do on their property. I think she is just rude.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 31, 2013 at 7:57 PM
Yes i was in my yard. Well i still put it out i just don't think she needs to be so rude about it.

Quoting dtm1491:

Wait...you are smoking on your porch? Tell shut the fuck up.
dtm1491
by on May. 31, 2013 at 7:59 PM
2 moms liked this
Most likely it doesn't bother her and she is one of those snots who fake coughs when she sees a cigarette. I smoke. I want to quit one day. If I am in public I am very mindful of people and will smoke away from people if I absolutely feel the need to. But in my yard? My house. MYOB.
angieluvsolivia
by on May. 31, 2013 at 8:01 PM
1 mom liked this

She may be able to smell it but, it's your home.  Don't let her tell you what to do!

thenameshailie
by Emerald Member on May. 31, 2013 at 8:01 PM

Its your property, smoke where ever you want.

dtm1491
by on May. 31, 2013 at 8:02 PM
No she doesn't. She's not Smokey The Bear. That's your house. If you want to sit in your yard and have a smoke who the hell is she?

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes i was in my yard. Well i still put it out i just don't think she needs to be so rude about it.

Quoting dtm1491:

Wait...you are smoking on your porch? Tell shut the fuck up.
NoahandEliza
by on May. 31, 2013 at 8:03 PM
I quit about 4 years ago, but dh still smokes. I'm probably immune to smelling it now, but no, if he's that far away, I don't smell it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)