Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I didn't think this was weird...

Posted by on May. 31, 2013 at 8:06 PM
  • 26 Replies
2 moms liked this
I had a meeting at work today and two hours before my shift started so I decided to get some lunch and read my book. My friend asked me what I was doing and I told her. So she asks if I'm meeting someone and I told her no, that having a nice quiet meal where I can read and just relax is one of my favorite things to do. She acted like that was super weird- like I was a hermit or something.

What's your take on this? I have three small children- I need alone time! I even enjoy seeing a movie or something alone since I had children/got older. I have friends that I see regularly and go out with at least once a month, btw.
by on May. 31, 2013 at 8:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SuperMommy8908
by on May. 31, 2013 at 8:08 PM
I'm the exact same way, seems like normal tension release to me! Glad you found a little time to yourself, I'm lucky if I get to poop in peace!
casah4
by on May. 31, 2013 at 8:09 PM

I don't think that's weird at all. Lots of people need alone time.

o.O....
by Cara on May. 31, 2013 at 8:10 PM
I know how you feel! And if I lock the door they're pounding on it screaming so it defeats the purpose.

Quoting SuperMommy8908:

I'm the exact same way, seems like normal tension release to me! Glad you found a little time to yourself, I'm lucky if I get to poop in peace!

TugBoatMama
by on May. 31, 2013 at 8:11 PM

I know what you mean. I've had strangers approach me and ask me to join them because they felt sorry for me, lol. I just like being alone, idk. I don't think its that odd either but maybe I'm wrong?

o.O....
by Cara on May. 31, 2013 at 8:12 PM
She acted like it was a really strange thing to do... Like it's something you should only do if you have no other option.

Quoting casah4:

I don't think that's weird at all. Lots of people need alone time.

SuperMommy8908
by on May. 31, 2013 at 8:13 PM
Haha exactly makes me wish I had a secret door in my house that led to a secret room my kids our husband never know about to give me 10minutes of me time haha

Quoting o.O....:

I know how you feel! And if I lock the door they're pounding on it screaming so it defeats the purpose.

Quoting SuperMommy8908:

huneebadger

I like to do the same thing, but with my 7 month old it does not happen anymore!

liss.n.chris

I'm like that too, some people don't understand enjoying time alone.  I love it.  I start getting moody if I can't have alone time. 

baileyquarters
by on May. 31, 2013 at 8:15 PM
I used to always do that at my lunch break. I would sit at a park or field, or even cemetery, and read.
Matthea
by on May. 31, 2013 at 8:15 PM
1 mom liked this
She herself may be one of those people who gauge their own value by how many people they have around them - she may be projecting her own insecurities or loneliness onto you.

Maybe she also doesn't appreciate the value of a good read ;) Gotta pity those folks!

Quoting o.O....:

I had a meeting at work today and two hours before my shift started so I decided to get some lunch and read my book. My friend asked me what I was doing and I told her. So she asks if I'm meeting someone and I told her no, that having a nice quiet meal where I can read and just relax is one of my favorite things to do. She acted like that was super weird- like I was a hermit or something.

What's your take on this? I have three small children- I need alone time! I even enjoy seeing a movie or something alone since I had children/got older. I have friends that I see regularly and go out with at least once a month, btw.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)