Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Back talk!!! Someone please help before I tape my ds mouth shut!!

Posted by on May. 31, 2013 at 8:46 PM
  • 21 Replies
Ok I would never actually do that but seriously I don't know how to stop the talk back!!! We have grounded him, time out, take things away, bed early. I have put my hand over his mouth when I talk to him sometimes so he gets the hint not to speak while I am. He is so fresh!!!
by on May. 31, 2013 at 8:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Wickedawesome88
by on May. 31, 2013 at 8:55 PM
Bump
Wickedawesome88
by on May. 31, 2013 at 8:57 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 31, 2013 at 8:57 PM

I got nothing but if you find something that actually works...let me know.

Michelle0609
by on May. 31, 2013 at 8:59 PM

It takes al ot from yo udon't back down it will be stressful but hang in their and keep at it and demand respect and seems like you are doing the right things may have to take more away until he relaizes you are the parent he is the child  I just hate when my kids talk back irritates me more then anything ! But doesn ot happen often I demand respect and get it for the most part have from day one !When you take away the right thing that really means the most to them video games i.e. what ever his thing is he iwl lchange his tune

Wickedawesome88
by on May. 31, 2013 at 9:06 PM
He's 6 I have noticed a lot of parents complaining of their 6 year olds back talking and my good friends son does it too but people get shocked at the things he says back. He doesn't swear or anything he's just very witty like if I tell him he needs to go to bed hell say something like "you have to wake up earlier then me why aren't you going to bed?"
southernwldchld
by Platinum Member on May. 31, 2013 at 9:07 PM

Something has to happen everytime he talks back. The same thing, everytime no matter what.

Whatever that may be, he loses a toy, he has to do a push up, whatever. But it has to be consistant and you can't get angry about it or react emotionally. 

TheDoctorsWife
by on May. 31, 2013 at 9:07 PM
Vinegar. I put a bit of ACV on my thumb and then put it on ds's tongue. Stopped his spitting and a lot of the back talk
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 31, 2013 at 9:08 PM

I don't know. My son knows better than to back talk. Good luck

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 31, 2013 at 9:09 PM

Since he is still young a little spray of vinegar into his mouth should help and help get the idea across there are times his mouth should not be moving!

Quoting Wickedawesome88:

He's 6 I have noticed a lot of parents complaining of their 6 year olds back talking and my good friends son does it too but people get shocked at the things he says back. He doesn't swear or anything he's just very witty like if I tell him he needs to go to bed hell say something like "you have to wake up earlier then me why aren't you going to bed?"

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 31, 2013 at 9:11 PM
1 mom liked this
Quoting TheDoctorsWife:

Vinegar. I put a bit of ACV on my thumb and then put it on ds's tongue. Stopped his spitting and a lot of the back talk

The spitting phase is the worst... Glad to be over that... No floor was left without his spit...
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)