Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Joran van der Sloot engaged!

Posted by on May. 31, 2013 at 8:52 PM
  • 2 Replies

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2013/05/31/joran-van-der-sloot-engaged-peruvian-leydi-figueroa-uceda?hpt=hp_t3

Convicted killer Joran van der Sloot has announced that he is ready to tie the knot.

Maximo Altez, van der Sloot's attorney, has confirmed that his client is engaged to a Peruvian woman named Leydi Figueroa Uceda. She's the same woman that van der Sloot was dating in October of 2012. The couple reportedly met through an inmate. In late 2012, Uceda was rumored to have been pregnant with van der Sloot's child, but the news was never confirmed.

Altez says that the couple is working on getting some final paperwork processed so the marriage can take place. He adds that he expects the union to happen in the next two weeks.

Van der Sloot, 25, is currently serving a 28-year sentence for the murder of Stephany Flores on June 6, 2010. Van der Sloot pleaded guilty to the charges in Peruvian court, saying that he regretted his actions. That wasn't his first time in court, though. The same year, he was also indicted by a federal grand jury in the U.S. for wire fraud and extortion in relation to the disappearance of American student Natalee Holloway, who vanished in Aruba in 2005.

Van der Sloot was originally given a 30-year sentence for the Flores murder. But due to a Peruvian law that states that a defendant has the right to give a "sincere confession" before a panel of judges, his prison term was slightly reduced.

Once his 28 years are up, van der Sloot will also have to pay restitution to the Flores family in the amount of $74,321.81. He will also be expelled from Peru upon his release.

I will never understand women who "date" and marry men who are in prison for murder.  I mean, do they have ZERO standards or are they just dumb enough to believe the guy is falsely convicted?

by on May. 31, 2013 at 8:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
mama2ameira
by captain underpants on May. 31, 2013 at 8:54 PM
28 years? That its?

And someone wants to marry him ??

Can't wait to read the headlines in 29 years about his wife's mysterious death.
quickbooksworm
by Ruby Member on May. 31, 2013 at 9:10 PM

I know!  28 years is nothing!  But how dumb is this girl who wants to marry him?!  If some dude told me he was accused of murder, I'd run like hell.  This guy has been accused of murder, then convicted of a DIFFERENT murder.  I mean, did she fall off the turnip truck yesterday?

Quoting mama2ameira:

28 years? That its?

And someone wants to marry him ??

Can't wait to read the headlines in 29 years about his wife's mysterious death.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)