Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do I ask my in laws for this back?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 33 Replies

Okay at first I thought that I was just loosing them but last week I found out that my in laws have a whole lot of sippy cups that have come up missing at our house. My in laws live next door so sometimes I bring the kids over a snack and sippy cup when they visit them. Well last time I brung over dd1 her dora sippy cup and my mil still has it. This usually wouldnt bother me but I used to have 15 sippy cups now I am down to 2!  So how do I polietly ask my mil for the sippy cups back? I asked my dh to ask her but he refuses he said I should ask. But I think she will get offended and swear that those sippy cups are the ones she bought.

I am about to go to the store and buy some more. So what would you do?

Posted by Anonymous on May. 31, 2013 at 8:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 31, 2013 at 9:00 PM
3 moms liked this
Honestly, I would just take them next time you go visit. They are yours, you need them!
QuirkyMom26
by on May. 31, 2013 at 9:01 PM

Stop bringing over sippy cups or start writing your daughter's name on the bottom of them.

mommytotwonow
by on May. 31, 2013 at 9:01 PM

just take them!

mommieof3_752
by Gold Member on May. 31, 2013 at 9:02 PM
1 mom liked this

just ask her if your DD happened to leave a few there...tell her you are only down to 2 and really need a few more.

Unless she is a nut case like my MIL...then just go buy more.

Christy644
by on May. 31, 2013 at 9:02 PM
1 mom liked this

Hey **isnert name here** do you happen to have a pluthera of sipy cups over there? I can't seem to find any over here....oh yes good!!! I'll be right over to get them. Thanks, I thought I was harboring a sippy cup eating monster!!!

Seriously it's not like they will kill you for asking for your sippy cups. 

spooky415
by Emerald Member on May. 31, 2013 at 9:03 PM
Is there any reason they wouldnt gve them back.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Crazy-Steph
by Emerald Member on May. 31, 2013 at 9:03 PM
Why not just ask her? Why is that hard?
alexsmomaubrys2
by on May. 31, 2013 at 9:04 PM

Quoting Christy644:

Hey **isnert name here** do you happen to have a pluthera of sipy cups over there? I can't seem to find any over here....oh yes good!!! I'll be right over to get them. Thanks, I thought I was harboring a sippy cup eating monster!!!

Seriously it's not like they will kill you for asking for your sippy cups. 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

MommyO2-6631
by on May. 31, 2013 at 9:04 PM
1 mom liked this
Just take them. Maybe jokingly say "I'll take these back home so she'll have more to carry back over here" lol
fullxbusymom
by Sapphire Member on May. 31, 2013 at 9:04 PM

How old are they that they can walk over and have snack and are still on sippy cups in the first place?  Honestly if they are over 2 they are too old for them anyways switch them to regular cups.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)