Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Wow...just wow

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 32 Replies
I've been sitting here in chick fil a allowing my son to run off some energy. It's interesting to see some of these parents and their kids.

This dad sitting next to me I swear...the way his kids talk to him....just wow. The seven year olds reaction to being told not to run around in the restaurant...."what areYOU going do about it?" The same kids reaction to being told to (by his dad) stop putting his feet in my booth since I prob wouldn't like it....."you don't know everything! How do YOU know she doesn't like it?"

If I EVER spoke to my dad like that, I would have been smacked upside my head and taken home. Not that I'm saying that my ds is the most well-behaved child out there, but he has NEVER talked to me like that. What is going on with our kids that they don't even show the slightest respect to their parents anymore???
Posted by Anonymous on May. 31, 2013 at 9:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 31, 2013 at 9:04 PM

Because they cant be smacked upside the head.  That's not cool anymore.  Even though we know some kids need to be backhanded once in a while.

SalemWitchChild
by Blessed be on May. 31, 2013 at 9:06 PM
1 mom liked this

Yep that does not happen with my kids either. If they did that it would automatically mean they are in trouble. Forced to apologize, grounded and if they push me too far they'd get spanked for sure.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 31, 2013 at 9:07 PM
I worked in retail... The way the teen girls talk to their moms now a days is face slap worthy... My ass would have gotten whooped for sure... My jaw dropped when a mom dropped 700 hundred on her daughters clothes and she had the nerve to say "hurry up, waiting for you is getting on my nerves." The mom APOLOGIZES to her!!! It gets worse if they let it.
momma2b2008
by on May. 31, 2013 at 9:10 PM
1 mom liked this
I would have looked at that kid and said "your dad is correct, I do NOT like it! So get your feet out of my booth, NOW!"
dmarie2101
by Ruby Member on May. 31, 2013 at 9:10 PM
1 mom liked this

bc parents are pussies now. too afraid to discipline their kids, thinking theyre doing a great job when in reality theyre creating entitled brats that will one day run our country.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 31, 2013 at 9:11 PM
1 mom liked this

Because heaven forbid you give them a swat on the butt.  You are abusing the child.

Spfldmomof2
by on May. 31, 2013 at 9:11 PM

Some parents just allow it.  They want to be all buddy buddy and then can't understand why the kids are the way they are.  I have a SIL and BIL who felt guilty for Having their kids so late in life, so they spoil them and let them do whatever. It sucks, but those kids behave at my house!

lalaboosh
by on May. 31, 2013 at 9:12 PM
Wow.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on May. 31, 2013 at 9:13 PM

I agree! I can't believe how parent let there kids run all over them. Then they ask or say their child has a disability, like everything now is sensory disorders (bty I work at a developmental preschool helping kids with real disabilities, I have lots of knowledge and background in the field) No it's called being a brat. But of course parents can't discipline their child anymore without getting sued. I'm all for a spanking if it called for. God put a little extra cushion there for a reason. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on May. 31, 2013 at 9:14 PM
Yep, I agree with all of the above!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)