Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my dumb sister...

Posted by on May. 31, 2013 at 9:18 PM
  • 29 Replies
My sister had always been jealous of me bc i had my children first (I'm the middle child and she's the oldest.) She and her hubby tried for a baby for 5 years and she finally had one a month ago. Well... She read every book possible on how to raise your kids right and what not to do (then wanted to judge me for how i raise mine.. o well)now she can't figure out a dang thing and has had my mother taking care of the babi so she can sleep when ever she wants and how ever long she wants. She will drop my niece of with my mother every day and call my mom to her house every night bc she doesn't know what to do.. then cusses me out because i make parenting look easy (i have two boys 4 years& 5 months)

Is it wrong of me to just want to slap her. I just don't see how someone can have a baby and let someone else take care of it bc they just don't know what to do... I've told my mom to just let her figure out the baby like i had to but she is to caring and scared that she won't. I'm just sick of my sister milking this like she does everything.
by on May. 31, 2013 at 9:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jade_Lufercus
by on May. 31, 2013 at 9:20 PM
1 mom liked this

Well, I'd rather be called to help for not knowing what to do than to have a child end up hurt. 

But it does sound like she's using your mom, though.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 31, 2013 at 9:20 PM
I'm sure you struggled as a ftm.

I raised my son alone. No parents and no man... and I struggled... why didnt you have help? You didn't ask like she did?
quinnsmom715
by Ruby Member on May. 31, 2013 at 9:21 PM

the more your mom 'helps' her,the longer it will take her to figure it out.

13579nlm
by on May. 31, 2013 at 9:22 PM

I hate when people do that. I'm 16 and my son is 8 months. I just wish I could sleep all day.. But i'm glad my mom won't let me do that. I complain all the time, but i'd rather raise my child than someone else raising him for me (:

1likeme
by on May. 31, 2013 at 9:31 PM
It sounds like you are the one with the green eyed monster. It's not your baby and you aren't being asked to help so why do you care?
Meghan6391
by on May. 31, 2013 at 9:32 PM
I had my oldest at 18 and my mother attempted to play the mommy card with him. I had th cuss get out to show her i didn't need get help. I begged her to just go away.. this was the the first day he was born. I never needed someone to baby me and i learned fast. Then again I'm a person all about the sink or swim method.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm sure you struggled as a ftm.

I raised my son alone. No parents and no man... and I struggled... why didnt you have help? You didn't ask like she did?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 31, 2013 at 9:34 PM

Why is your mom letting her take advantage of her like this?  Maybe you should nicely try to suggest advice to your sister??

Meghan6391
by on May. 31, 2013 at 9:35 PM
I'm not jealous I'm angry. My mother raised the three of us she is awidow now and instead of finding herself she is raising another baby while my sister hates me for no reason. My mother didn't need to be in the situation but my sister doesn't see that

Quoting 1likeme:

It sounds like you are the one with the green eyed monster. It's not your baby and you aren't being asked to help so why do you care?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 31, 2013 at 9:35 PM
Quoting Meghan6391:

Every mom has that instinct... It's up to your mom to decide when it's time to cut the chord and let your sister do this on her own.
TurtleMomma82
by Ruby Member on May. 31, 2013 at 9:36 PM
1 mom liked this

Just ignore her when she's trying to tell you how to parent.  Don't let her bother you like that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)