Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I love my kids but..

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies
I hate being a parent. I get no outside help ever. I'm just now, after almost 5 years, able to find a sitter so I can work. I NEVER can get one for fun. My parents are crazy and not allowed near us, dhs mom doesn't even like kids, and my fil is an alcoholic. I haven't had a date with dh in a year and a half.
I know I'm terrible for feeling this way. I just wish I hadn't had kids already. If I had known it would be like this I would have ran for the hills.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 31, 2013 at 9:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gigis1
by on May. 31, 2013 at 9:21 PM
I doubt you mean that
When you know what it's like to be without those butt heads you'll take everything back
angl_gurl1
by on May. 31, 2013 at 9:22 PM

i know parenting can be hard and things not go the way u want at times but it will all work out, just hang in there

stepperbepper
by Gold Member on May. 31, 2013 at 9:23 PM
Whatyou need is a good old fashioned date!!! Why cant you get a sitter for a date once a month?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 31, 2013 at 9:27 PM
Yeah I know I do. But none of our friends or family give a fuck.

Quoting stepperbepper:

Whatyou need is a good old fashioned date!!! Why cant you get a sitter for a date once a month?

stepperbepper
by Gold Member on May. 31, 2013 at 9:42 PM
Ask around, someone has to know someone who can babysit. Neighbor kids, friends sisters or kids.....it wont be free but your sanity isworth it. Hubby andi have date nights at home when we feel burnt out. We feed the kids, kick em upstairs for their 2 bedtime shows and eat our dinner in peace , have a beer and relax for 45 minutes. Sometimes thats all it takes...well, that and a lil somethin somethin after the kids pass out!
brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on May. 31, 2013 at 9:43 PM

Why cant you hire a sitter for a date night? I have one that I use. She has been our sitter snce my son was an infant. Everyone deserves time away.

Photo: -Randi.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 31, 2013 at 9:48 PM
Boo hoo you have a husband who helps. Try doing everything on your own. I get no outside help either. Ih wait I have a babysitter for the 8 hrs im at work. Thats it. No time alone away from tantrums and mommy mommy mommy! All bills necessities extras are on me! No daddy to help or take the kids for a day. So tell me again how it sucks to be a parent. Oh ya by the way thats not what im saying at all. I love my babies Id rather spend sat nite at home with them. It would be nice to have a couple hrs of just me time though.
qslaqhay
by on May. 31, 2013 at 9:50 PM
This

Quoting stepperbepper:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 31, 2013 at 9:53 PM
Hire a sitter so you and your husband can have a date night. Once in awhile won't break the bank.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 31, 2013 at 9:56 PM
Boo hoo. You don't have a husband and think it's OK to bash a mom who wants a date night just because you have no man. EVERYONE needs a break sometime.

Quoting Anonymous:

Boo hoo you have a husband who helps. Try doing everything on your own. I get no outside help either. Ih wait I have a babysitter for the 8 hrs im at work. Thats it. No time alone away from tantrums and mommy mommy mommy! All bills necessities extras are on me! No daddy to help or take the kids for a day. So tell me again how it sucks to be a parent. Oh ya by the way thats not what im saying at all. I love my babies Id rather spend sat nite at home with them. It would be nice to have a couple hrs of just me time though.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)