Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Opinions Needed *Poll*

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies

Poll

Question: Keeping his job in mind: Should he suck it up and buzz it or continue to part it?

Options:

Buzz it

Part it

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 16

View Results

My husbands hair is thinning on top and while I really don't care he really hates it and wants the top to be longer. I think it looks stupid longer and makes him look like he's trying to hide it. Not to mention he parts it down the middle which looks ridiculous in my opinion because it only shows how bad it is in the back. 

So we got into a debate on whether or not he should buzz it or not. I think he should. Because not only is he a lot more comfortable when its buzzed in the summer but also it looks better buzzed and oddly it looks more full. He says that with his possible up coming promotion that its unprofessional to have it buzzed. He his title will be a director (highest management he can go to without becoming a district manager) and that a buzz would be incredibly unprofessional. I disagree. 

So I've come here. Is a buzz cut (short but not gone about 1/2 of hair on top and super short in the back/sides unprofessional or would it be more professional to have it longer on top and parted in the middle where you can really see the balding spot in the back and it only accents the receding in the front? 

It looks a lot like #4 in the back and #5 in the front. 

Looks similar to this when parted month 1 top!

When buzzed it just looks fuller but is that unprofessional?

Posted by Anonymous on May. 31, 2013 at 9:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
-_-
by on May. 31, 2013 at 9:35 PM

buzz it

fullxbusymom
by Sapphire Member on May. 31, 2013 at 9:37 PM

Part it

xboybrksgrlx
by on May. 31, 2013 at 9:38 PM
Look at the dad from Good luck Charlie season one an this last season. It looks better buzzed.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 31, 2013 at 9:39 PM
Buzz!
ff-princess
by Ruby Member on May. 31, 2013 at 9:40 PM

I've worked in corporate america for 20+ years now, and have never seen or heard anyone consider a buzz cut unprofessional.  dh still rocks his, I just trimmed it last weekend.  hawt!  and much better looking than the yorkel (aka - combover)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 31, 2013 at 9:42 PM
Dh's hair is very similar, and I buzz it for him.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 31, 2013 at 9:42 PM

Thank you! This is exactly what I've wanted to hear. I think its the moto of his boss who has a SUPER comb over and DH is worried that he won't get the promotion over it. But I doubt thats the issue. He's been able to do it just buzzed because he's required to wear a hat in his current position he's worried without the hat it will cause issues. I hope this post convinces him otherwise your opinion means a lot thank you for posting it! 

Quoting ff-princess:

I've worked in corporate america for 20+ years now, and have never seen or heard anyone consider a buzz cut unprofessional.  dh still rocks his, I just trimmed it last weekend.  hawt!  and much better looking than the yorkel (aka - combover)

kels1023
by on May. 31, 2013 at 9:43 PM
Buzz
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 31, 2013 at 10:01 PM

Bump!

xredstarsx
by Platinum Member on May. 31, 2013 at 10:04 PM
Buzz
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)