Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do I have a right to tell them to get the hell off my property?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 5 Replies

Okay we share a driveway with our inlaws who live next door and again I came home to someone who parked their fat ass right in the middle of our driveway so I couldnt get to my parking space. So I had to park on the side of the road. The same road that the neighbors dds uses as her own personal NASCAR track. (That me being sarcastic saying she drives incredibly fast and dangerous.) So I dont like parking on the road since I know she will probley make a hit and run on my car. So when I got inside I was so pissed that I told dh this summer we are putting in a circular driveway we have talked about because I am tired of not being able to park in my own goddamn driveway. But my mil said if we did that people would just start parking there too and people like to drive through them just for the heck of it.

I am so tired of not being able to use my own goddamn driveway on my own goddamn property. But I am wondering though if I put in this driveway will it be considered my driveway or a city driveway since it will be connected to the road and do I have the right to tell them to get the hell off?

Posted by Anonymous on May. 31, 2013 at 10:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 31, 2013 at 10:20 PM
1 mom liked this

A driveway is your property. They can't just park there because they want to. You could have them towed. 

deskorcasmomma
by Bronze Member on May. 31, 2013 at 10:27 PM
1 mom liked this
A drive way is considered private property even if it is connected to a public street.
I say put in circle drive and then post a sign that says it is a private drive and others will be towed at car owners expense . As long as the sign is on private prop them it is completly legal and if anyone other then you and your husband park there then have them towed away.
ashley1693
by Gold Member on May. 31, 2013 at 10:28 PM
This.

Quoting deskorcasmomma:

A drive way is considered private property even if it is connected to a public street.

I say put in circle drive and then post a sign that says it is a private drive and others will be towed at car owners expense . As long as the sign is on private prop them it is completly legal and if anyone other then you and your husband park there then have them towed away.

PrissyAnne
by Silver Member on May. 31, 2013 at 10:29 PM
I would have blocked them in and then not answered the door when they knocked. But, I'm a bitch like that.
proudmommy690
by Ruby Member on May. 31, 2013 at 10:33 PM
Yes you do have that right. It is on your property.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)