Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is it too early?

Posted by on May. 31, 2013 at 10:56 PM
  • 4 Replies
Ok so finally got a new job with an awesome company. I have been there a total of 1 week and i see a lot of issues they are having with time & account management within the office. The office as a whole is having trouble meeting deadlines on accounts, and I have observed that the current procedures they have in place are overwhelming. I have a few ideas that i think would simplify and structure their protocol, in turn increasing revenue and employee productivity. When is a good time to mention my ideas to my manager? I have only been there 1 week, I am still training (but top of the class), however every day the executive managers tells us to feel free to drop ideas by them whenever. Nothing is a wrong idea, and they strongly encourage hearing anything that may increase productivity. I think my ideas are sound, but as a new employee who just started on Tuesday, when is a good time to present them. I was thinking sitting down with my floor manager on monday over lunch and casually mentioning them. Would that be career suicide? Is it too soon? Or should I go for it, show them that I am very interested in the success up the business and that I am willing to take initiative?
by on May. 31, 2013 at 10:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
gabeybaby07
by on May. 31, 2013 at 11:00 PM

BUMP!

CrystalSnyder
by on May. 31, 2013 at 11:03 PM

I would talk about your ideas in the meeting. No time is to soon. They need ideas from everyone. You are part of the company now speak up about you ideas.

gabeybaby07
by on May. 31, 2013 at 11:09 PM
Thanks. I think i will talk to the floor manager on monday. They have an open door poilcy, so meetings are usually with just the execs and the owners.. but i think im gunna go for it on monday
Quoting CrystalSnyder:

I would talk about your ideas in the meeting. No time is to soon. They need ideas from everyone. You are part of the company now speak up about you ideas.

CrystalSnyder
by on Jun. 1, 2013 at 2:19 PM

That is great. With an open door policy there is no way anything can come back on you if the idea does not go the way as planned.

Quoting gabeybaby07:

Thanks. I think i will talk to the floor manager on monday. They have an open door poilcy, so meetings are usually with just the execs and the owners.. but i think im gunna go for it on monday
Quoting CrystalSnyder:

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)