Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What do you consider "having no money"

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 299 Replies
DH and I have been having issues lately with him not wanting me to work. But also not wanting to give me money. He never wants to discuss money or bills but always acts like I can pull money out of my butt to make sure everything is paid. This past week I told him I needed to get diapers for dd and he said well I don't have any money. Okay, that's fine. So I sold my camera to a friend and got some diapers.

I went to see him on his lunch break and offered him some money. Low and behold he pulls out a wad of money. I said you told me you didn't have any money?! He said "we'll I don't." I said what in the hell do you consider no money?? This douche actually had the nerve to tell me anything less than $20. Then I told him he lied to me. I just feel terrible. I mean geez I don't ask for money unless its for a necessity. The diapers I buy her are $7. Why the heck couldn't he give me that??

Ugh! So mad!!
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 2, 2013 at 11:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Suzy_Sunshine
by Gold Member on Jun. 2, 2013 at 11:19 PM
29 moms liked this

you are selling household goods to buy diapers and quibbling over $7 and you don't know that you need a job?

seriously?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 2, 2013 at 11:20 PM
13 moms liked this

If you are selling things for a 7 buck pack of diapers and your DH has cash, you have a problem.  Sounds like he is a bit selfish. I'd go back to work, because this won't last long.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 2, 2013 at 11:20 PM

We are like your dh. We went on vacation, and only have a couple hundred dollars in "ready cash" until payday and that's "broke" to us. 

SunshneDaydream
by Platinum Member on Jun. 2, 2013 at 11:20 PM
17 moms liked this

He made you sell your camera to buy diapers when he had cash on him?  SMH why do you people marry men like this???

quickbooksworm
by Ruby Member on Jun. 2, 2013 at 11:20 PM
5 moms liked this
Yeah, sorry but I say I have no money when I have less than $50. If it isn't enough to pay a single bill or buy food and gas for the week, I have no money.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CajunButterfly
by on Jun. 2, 2013 at 11:21 PM
9 moms liked this

I would have lost it.  Your kids needs always are first.  My dh would sell whatever he had to, beg, borrow, or steal to have money for the things my kids need.  I consider no money not being able to buy my kids necessities, food for the week, and the bills late or not paid.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 2, 2013 at 11:21 PM
4 moms liked this

You don't have access to your bank accounts?

luvhubandbabys
by Silver Member on Jun. 2, 2013 at 11:22 PM
4 moms liked this

Well there is def something wrong with a dad not giving you money to buy diapers when he has money in his pocket. But if he had less than 20bucks and you still needed to buy diapers then I say that is living pretty broke. I wouldn't  be comfortable with that. I would be looking for a part time job. If you want to work then work he cant tell you not to. For me I like to have a few hundred buffer in our account at all times plus be able to contribute to savings every week.

wkukid
by Beach Bum on Jun. 2, 2013 at 11:23 PM
15 moms liked this

You shouldn't have to ask for money. You aren't a child.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jun. 2, 2013 at 11:24 PM
11 moms liked this
I consider havin no money when my wallet is empty.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)