Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

The day was good until.....*&%#!!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 73 Replies

My hubby came home with the food....I told my boys to wash their hands, and like many times before they didn't jump and do it at once. It must have hit my hubby wrong because he started to blow up yelling at the boys to go wash their hands...he actually followed one into the bathroom (because he wasn't moving fast enough, and crying) and proceeded to spank him so hard on the butt 3xs, and then twice in the face! I heard it all the way in the kitchen (while I was preparing our food). I ran into the bathroom and got between them, and then it was on between me and hubby....I was trying to stay calm, but it was hard, and telling him he shouldn't have done that while he was so angry, ....and he got so mad that I said that, he Yelled at the top of his lungs, "If you don't fucking like what I'm doing, then get the fuck out!!"  I said "what?? you expect me and the boys to leave right now??" he yells as he's walking towards me, gets in my face and says "NO, your not taking my boys anywhere! JUST YOU!!"    the boys are scared, I'm shell shocked, and then he gets his keys and say's " I'm not hungry anymore" and leaves. Comes back 45mins later (while I'm having to keep a straight face, bathe, and get the boys ready for bed), only to lay down on the couch and go to sleep!!! I woke him up after the boys went down, and asked if we could talk...he said NO in a stern voice...so now he's fucking snoring in bed, and I'm thinking of ways to take my boys and get the fuck out...He's had an anger issue for awhile now, and we have discussed this issue before and he promised he would control his anger...I just don't want to wait til he hurts one of us...not saying that he would, but now I have actually been scared that he might...but I know timing is everything....and I'm not sure if I'm just jumping the gun....August will be 23yrs married. My boys are 5 & 6....and school is almost out...I dunno...just thought I'd post this and see what you ladies think of my situation...any opinion could help...

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 2, 2013 at 11:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
vegaswife2011
by LMAO on Jun. 2, 2013 at 11:51 PM

I hope you're a troll. If you're not, get in the car and go!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 2, 2013 at 11:52 PM

Get the H out now. and then have set up a conversation with a counselor to see if that type of marriage is really worth saving. 

Heatherp23
by Bronze Member on Jun. 2, 2013 at 11:54 PM

I would leave, honestly, if i was in your situation (which I was with my husband now). My husband got his anger under control though and is a very loving person now. He used to get mad about stupid shit all the time, as we all do but I can't handle the yelling and taking out his aggression on the kids ya know? IDK what you should do, only you know what you should do. BUT I would wait and talk about it with him in the morning. People say a lot of dumb shit when they are mad and 23 years together sounds like you guys have been through a lot and this is another hurdle you need to jump over together. If you don't want to work it out or are really scared like you said then I would leave..

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 2, 2013 at 11:55 PM

...I wish I could say I was a troll...:(

Quoting vegaswife2011:

I hope you're a troll. If you're not, get in the car and go!

Country_Momma89
by on Jun. 2, 2013 at 11:57 PM
1 mom liked this

Leave! Get your boys and go because it will only get worse.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 2, 2013 at 11:58 PM

How did he get his anger under control??

Quoting Heatherp23:

I would leave, honestly, if i was in your situation (which I was with my husband now). My husband got his anger under control though and is a very loving person now. He used to get mad about stupid shit all the time, as we all do but I can't handle the yelling and taking out his aggression on the kids ya know? IDK what you should do, only you know what you should do. BUT I would wait and talk about it with him in the morning. People say a lot of dumb shit when they are mad and 23 years together sounds like you guys have been through a lot and this is another hurdle you need to jump over together. If you don't want to work it out or are really scared like you said then I would leave..

spooky415
by Ruby Member on Jun. 2, 2013 at 11:58 PM
My husband blows up at little things sometimes...but he never gets physical.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 3, 2013 at 12:03 AM

The first 17 yrs of our marriage, there was no hostility or anger like this before...

Quoting spooky415:

My husband blows up at little things sometimes...but he never gets physical.

ashley1693
by Gold Member on Jun. 3, 2013 at 12:04 AM
1 mom liked this
Its better to have them miss the last few days/weeks left of school and have you all safe then try and wait and have your husband harm your or the kids.
I would talk to him tomorrow and let him know that from here out he NEVER lays a finger on the kids (no spanking NOTHING) and he goes into anger management and counseling. If he fails to follow that or doesn't want to then I would be packing up and leaving that day. Abuse will only get worse an if he's willing to hit your child today who knows what will happen the next time he gets mad.
Please stay safe.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 3, 2013 at 12:07 AM

....tears:(.....because I know your right....:(

Quoting ashley1693:

Its better to have them miss the last few days/weeks left of school and have you all safe then try and wait and have your husband harm your or the kids.
I would talk to him tomorrow and let him know that from here out he NEVER lays a finger on the kids (no spanking NOTHING) and he goes into anger management and counseling. If he fails to follow that or doesn't want to then I would be packing up and leaving that day. Abuse will only get worse an if he's willing to hit your child today who knows what will happen the next time he gets bad.
Please stay safe.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)