Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Leaving Mormonism *UPDATE*

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 301 Replies
3 moms liked this

Anyone here left the LDS religion? Can you tell me a little about your experience? How did your family take it? I'm sending my resignation letter tomorrow.

Tiny Update: I sent my letter about a week ago but haven't heard anything yet. Hopefully the whole thing will be over soon.

Update: I got a call from my Bishop last night asking me to come in because he received my paperwork from SLC. I declined and told him I knew that legally I was OUT as soon as they received my resignation letter. If feels so good to be FREE!!!!!!!

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 3, 2013 at 4:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Toxic.Stardust
by on Jun. 3, 2013 at 4:29 PM

you actually have to resign? I did not know that.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 3, 2013 at 4:33 PM

Yes. If you just stop going your name is still on church records and I do not want anyone trying to reactivate me. I also do not want to be excommunicated or subject to a court of love. I am leaving on my terms.

Quoting Toxic.Stardust:

you actually have to resign? I did not know that.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 3, 2013 at 4:38 PM

bump-looking for experiences

KristenFowles
by Ruby Member on Jun. 3, 2013 at 4:40 PM
I have a few Mormon friends, but they haven't left.

Bump!
supercarp
by on Jun. 3, 2013 at 4:41 PM
2 moms liked this

I can't understand why any woman would choose to be Mormon.

divinedimension
by Not Miss Cleo on Jun. 3, 2013 at 4:44 PM

I'm really considering it. And I just got baptized too. People just randomly pop into my home all of the time (without an invite) to check on me, as if they care. Then they always ask, "Is there anything I can do for your family?" I always say no.

But right now, I'm really sick. My husband is watching all four of our kids (three of which have special needs and one is a breastfed infant) and he's exhausted. He can't keep up so I asked the RS president to have someone bring meals today and tomorrow. They haven't brought a single meal.

I'm sick as a dog and it's not a cold either, it could be life threatening. I am required to work during this illness because I'm the only person who works in the house, so I'm working, cooking, cleaning, breastfeeding, etc. with a severe kidney problem. 

But they just left me high and dry. Some church "family"......

divinedimension
by Not Miss Cleo on Jun. 3, 2013 at 4:46 PM
1 mom liked this

I became Mormon because I believe the Book of Mormon is true. I also became mormon because I believe the way the Church operates is the way it should be: close knit, family oriented, service to community, etc. But....they are letting me down. Hard core.

Quoting supercarp:

I can't understand why any woman would choose to be Mormon.

divinedimension
by Not Miss Cleo on Jun. 3, 2013 at 4:46 PM

BUMP!

Cbreland07
by Ruby Member on Jun. 3, 2013 at 4:47 PM
I know there was a woman on here a while back that had a super crazy experience with trying to get her daughter out.. Hope it's easier for you! Here's a bump
soccermomma72
by on Jun. 3, 2013 at 4:48 PM

Yep I left, but I didnt "resign" and I have no problems with them bugging me and I live in Utah.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN