Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Leaving Mormonism *UPDATE*

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Anyone here left the LDS religion? Can you tell me a little about your experience? How did your family take it? I'm sending my resignation letter tomorrow.

Tiny Update: I sent my letter about a week ago but haven't heard anything yet. Hopefully the whole thing will be over soon.

Update: I got a call from my Bishop last night asking me to come in because he received my paperwork from SLC. I declined and told him I knew that legally I was OUT as soon as they received my resignation letter. If feels so good to be FREE!!!!!!!

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 3, 2013 at 4:27 PM
Replies (121-130):
thebatesfamily
by on Jun. 4, 2013 at 12:59 AM
2 moms liked this

I am A JW and people think our religion is odd but I have always found Mormon's odd because a good deal of what you all believe just doesn't seem to make sense. Especially how these gold plates were found? Where are said gold plates? What is on them? I do not understand any of it. BUT with that being said... I will share a piece of advice a fellow JW gave me after I had a bad experience with another fellow JW. She told me "If I had come into this religion for anyone other than Jehovah and I kept going for anyone other than him, I would not have kept going". So you JOINED your religion for God and whatever promise your religion makes right? Well God does not lie. Nothing he has promised you is a lie. The people are failing you, not God. Can't you just look past them? 

If your doubts remain then move on. If not, stick it out for the same reason you began. God. OR you can ask me about the JW religion. We are awesome if I do say so myself.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 14 on Jun. 4, 2013 at 12:59 AM

Lol no they dont. Its a show and most of them do it half assed.

Quoting divinedimension:

I'm actually the one offering to COOK the meals, not the one asking. However, I'm having a serious health condition so someone offered to bring meals to ME for once, for two days. LDS members take service to each other very seriously so if someone didn't do their service, it's very disheartening. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Are you just in it for the free meals?

Quoting divinedimension:

I'm freshly baptized so I'm just not sure how it's supposed to be. I only got one meal today. When I was told I'd get "meals for two days" I assumed I'd not have to cook for at least lunch and dinner. I assume now, that they only meant dinner. That's what I ended up getting for today. And it was delicious. :) Maybe I'm just expecting too much, I don't know.....

Quoting kayjayjess:

They are letting you down. I would call her again or even your visiting teachers. Maybe even go to the bishop.

Quoting divinedimension:

I became Mormon because I believe the Book of Mormon is true. I also became mormon because I believe the way the Church operates is the way it should be: close knit, family oriented, service to community, etc. But....they are letting me down. Hard core.

Quoting supercarp:

I can't understand why any woman would choose to be Mormon.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 14 on Jun. 4, 2013 at 1:00 AM
1 mom liked this

Like not taking blood if your life depends on it or not celebrating harmless holidays makes sense? suuuuure....

Quoting thebatesfamily:

I am A JW and people think our religion is odd but I have always found Mormon's odd because a good deal of what you all believe just doesn't seem to make sense. Especially how these gold plates were found? Where are said gold plates? What is on them? I do not understand any of it. BUT with that being said... I will share a piece of advice a fellow JW gave me after I had a bad experience with another fellow JW. She told me "If I had come into this religion for anyone other than Jehovah and I kept going for anyone other than him, I would not have kept going". So you JOINED your religion for God and whatever promise your religion makes right? Well God does not lie. Nothing he has promised you is a lie. The people are failing you, not God. Can't you just look past them? 

If your doubts remain then move on. If not, stick it out for the same reason you began. God. OR you can ask me about the JW religion. We are awesome if I do say so myself.

divinedimension
by Not Miss Cleo on Jun. 4, 2013 at 1:01 AM
1 mom liked this

How do you know that? And why are you anonymous? What do you have to hide? Why are you so bitter? When I'm asked to serve I take it VERY seriously, and I do it. Most of the time I'm not asked, I offer!!

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting divinedimension:

I'm actually the one offering to COOK the meals, not the one asking. However, I'm having a serious health condition so someone offered to bring meals to ME for once, for two days. LDS members take service to each other very seriously so if someone didn't do their service, it's very disheartening. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting divinedimension:

I'm freshly baptized so I'm just not sure how it's supposed to be. I only got one meal today. When I was told I'd get "meals for two days" I assumed I'd not have to cook for at least lunch and dinner. I assume now, that they only meant dinner. That's what I ended up getting for today. And it was delicious. :) Maybe I'm just expecting too much, I don't know.....

Quoting kayjayjess:

They are letting you down. I would call her again or even your visiting teachers. Maybe even go to the bishop.

Quoting divinedimension:

I became Mormon because I believe the Book of Mormon is true. I also became mormon because I believe the way the Church operates is the way it should be: close knit, family oriented, service to community, etc. But....they are letting me down. Hard core.

Quoting supercarp:

kayjayjess
by Bronze Member on Jun. 4, 2013 at 1:03 AM
1 mom liked this

yes it is usually just dinner

Quoting divinedimension:

Quoting kayjayjess:

Quoting divinedimension:

Quoting supercarp:

My children are the source of my strength, frustration, happiness, insanity, sanity, irritability.  They are the definition of unconditional love.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 14 on Jun. 4, 2013 at 1:05 AM

I am a ruby member and have only ever posted anonymously....Why does that matter to you? And I know this because I have been "in" the mormon church all my life. I know more about it than you will for a very very long time.

Quoting divinedimension:

How do you know that? And why are you anonymous? What do you have to hide? Why are you so bitter? When I'm asked to serve I take it VERY seriously, and I do it. Most of the time I'm not asked, I offer!!

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting divinedimension:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting divinedimension:

Quoting kayjayjess:

Quoting divinedimension:

Quoting supercarp:

kayjayjess
by Bronze Member on Jun. 4, 2013 at 1:05 AM
1 mom liked this

way to generalize a whole group of people

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting divinedimension:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting divinedimension:

Quoting kayjayjess:

Quoting divinedimension:

Quoting supercarp:

My children are the source of my strength, frustration, happiness, insanity, sanity, irritability.  They are the definition of unconditional love.

divinedimension
by Not Miss Cleo on Jun. 4, 2013 at 1:05 AM

I wish someone had told me this. I was too sick to go to the grocery store to get groceries and had to ask someone to do it for me (kidney stone).

Quoting kayjayjess:

yes it is usually just dinner

Quoting divinedimension:

Quoting kayjayjess:

Quoting divinedimension:

Quoting supercarp:

hopinforanother
by Bronze Member on Jun. 4, 2013 at 1:07 AM
Have you started going to a different church? Do you still believe in God?

Just curious :-)
divinedimension
by Not Miss Cleo on Jun. 4, 2013 at 1:07 AM

You're generalizing hundreds of thousands of people based upon what you experienced in your own situation and probably only in one church, even. That's a very broad judgment call. 

Quoting Anonymous:

I am a ruby member and have only ever posted anonymously....Why does that matter to you? And I know this because I have been "in" the mormon church all my life. I know more about it than you will for a very very long time.

Quoting divinedimension:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting divinedimension:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting divinedimension:

Quoting kayjayjess:

Quoting divinedimension:

Quoting supercarp:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN