Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Has anyone experienced a botched circumcision on their ds?

Posted by on Jun. 5, 2013 at 5:48 AM
  • 284 Replies
What was your experience and that of your son?
by on Jun. 5, 2013 at 5:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 5, 2013 at 7:13 AM

Yes, my husband was concerned about the circumcision and spoke with the doctor over it. (He's just weird and was worried over it)

Anyway, after the doctor came out he told use he was very "conservative" when he did the circumcision and left a more than usual amount on my son's penis.  We have had so many problems with it healing - it sticks where he was circumcised and we constantly have to be painfully pulling it back. The pediatrician said not to worry though because once he was older and began masturbating he would break the stuck part and it would look normal. Right now my son does not look fully circumcised and his penis keeps going in.

We hate puting him through the pain of pulling it back so we are just going to let it heal and pray that his pedo is right.

alexsmomaubrys2
by Emerald Member on Jun. 5, 2013 at 7:14 AM
1 mom liked this

No. DS's circumcision went perfectly.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 5, 2013 at 7:18 AM
Shame.
kamrynlily07
by Gold Member on Jun. 5, 2013 at 7:19 AM
Yes we did the ring & when it fell off it left a little tag of skin. He's 2 1/2 now and since he's grown some you can barely see it. The hope is that as he grows more and more it disappears completely.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 5, 2013 at 7:22 AM
Not a good one and I will not elaborate, it had to be twice and THANK GOD almost 16 years later to my knowledge all is still well (it healed correctly the 2nd time)

Quoting KyahZia:

What was your experience and that of your son?

norahsmommy
by Platinum Member on Jun. 5, 2013 at 7:22 AM
3 moms liked this
Not me but a friend of ours did. Their sons doc removed too much skin and caused a very bad curved penis when it healed. They had to put a skin graft on his penis when he was 8 months old and said he may need surgery again when he is older. If he hadnt had that done the doc said he would never be able to have sex.

We left our ds intact partly because of that. The same doc who did his would have done our son. ( small town)
JanuaryBaby06
by Gold Member on Jun. 5, 2013 at 7:26 AM
nope, no complicatons with either one of my sons.
annhart19
by on Jun. 5, 2013 at 7:29 AM
I dont know that it is actually botched. But my ds has a little piece of skin that is on the underside of his penis. It looks out of place. My husband says its cuz the ped screwed up his circ but who knows for sure.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommy2ETnBM
by on Jun. 5, 2013 at 8:15 AM

Yes, they didn't cut enough skin off during my oldest DS's circ and the excess ended up growing closed, to the point that he could not pee. At 13 mths old it was bad enough that they had to go in and correct it. He was put to sleep for it, so no pain there like a first circ. He did great with it. He was up and playing that same day, like nothing had even happened.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 5, 2013 at 1:29 PM

My son had skin bridging on the side of his penis.  When he's older he will have to plastic surgery to cut these adhesions.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN