Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Why my husband I don't believe in equal pay for women

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
It's just a simple fact of life that in general men are stronger and have more of a work ethic than women.

Not to mention, we get so many more perks than a man. If a woman's child is sick she HAS to take off work to go get them. Her boss just has to accept that. A man will probably not take off for a sick child unless he is a single dad. There are no stigmas attached to our jobs. We can be anything from a police officer to a nanny and no one says anything. If a man is a nanny he will get labeled as either gay or a pedophile.

The final reason that we don't believe in equal pay is that it encourages going against biology. Women were made to stay home with the children. With time we have evolved and there are more and more working moms that CHOOSE to send their kids to a babysitter, day care, nanny, or some family member. Keeping our pay down encourages us to not even waste money on day cares and just stay home.

It wouldn't be fair for women to get equal pay because we can't provide the equal amount of work.

I have to say he has a great point and I agree with him.
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 5, 2013 at 11:10 AM
Replies (31-40):
storkneedsgps
by RoseTyler on Jun. 5, 2013 at 11:23 AM
1 mom liked this
I make more money and have more education than my husband too. HIGH FIVE.

Sounds like op is bitter that she married a loser bigot. :-)

Quoting momoftwo0406:

Wow I make most of the money in this house. I make just as much or more then any man in my feild and I don't think women should stay at home unless they choose. I think kids need two working parents to show team work makes everything easier. I was a SAHM till my kids were in school and it was HELL. I hated being at home and couldn't wait to go back to work.

Guess you guys need to get with the times. Women shouldn't get paid less for doing the same job as a man. We bust our asses just as much or more to prove we CAN do the same job as them.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaRae85
by *you're on Jun. 5, 2013 at 11:23 AM

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 5, 2013 at 11:23 AM
Shows her education level, probably works at Dollar General also.

Quoting Anonymous:

And my opinion is that since you have nothing intelligent to add you resort to name calling. How mature!

Quoting emandab:

There is nothing wrong with having an opinion on the matter.  My opinion is that you and your husband are ignorant assholes.

LoveNaCupcake
by on Jun. 5, 2013 at 11:23 AM

Hmmm.... Well geez should I be offended that the new chick at DH's work makes the same as him!?! O.O I mean it's a physical job (climbing wind turbines) so should I go have him demand to make more because he is a "man"?

Like seriously?

Childofares
by Silver Member on Jun. 5, 2013 at 11:23 AM
1 mom liked this

Why hello 1950. How nice to see you! 

I really hope you are trolling

softkitty42
by on Jun. 5, 2013 at 11:23 AM
1 mom liked this

autodidact
by Snarknado on Jun. 5, 2013 at 11:24 AM

it's true that your post could certainly stand to have some intelligence added, OP

Quoting Anonymous:

And my opinion is that since you have nothing intelligent to add you resort to name calling. How mature!

Quoting emandab:

There is nothing wrong with having an opinion on the matter.  My opinion is that you and your husband are ignorant assholes.

Autodidact, Unrepentant Heathen

mandaday
by Silver Member on Jun. 5, 2013 at 11:24 AM
Lol. I really can't stop laughing.
I am the bread winner in my family. Yes, he is physically stronger than me. But few people have a stronger work ethic than me. As a SAHD, if the kids get sick, he is here. So far as hoping against biology... well, that's just ridiculous. Do you have any idea of the real history of people? Through most of history women worked while taking care of children. Who do you think provided while the men where off fighting wars? The mom who only cares for the house and kids is a newer concept than the working mom actually.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 5, 2013 at 11:24 AM
Brehahahahaha

Quoting macbudsmom:

Most women I know work way harder than a man.

nazgor
by Ruby Member on Jun. 5, 2013 at 11:24 AM
tl;dr
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)