Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I don't really get those moms who....

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I am all for moms who have a job. But, I don't get why many mothers can't stand being a sahm. What's wrong with staying at least a year or two raising your baby. You chose to conceive but don't want to be present in their lives much. Mother and baby are meant to bond and grow together, isnt it part of nature? I feel those first moments should be cherished. And you still will have time to go back to your other job. I already know it's tough and tiring , but it is worth, just like you feel the money you make is important. Sorry, but ia believe it's a woman's job to nurse and care for her baby, that baby needs to be next to his mother. So those mothers who also say they can't stand being a sahm, patience must be practiced.
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 5, 2013 at 11:52 PM
Replies (321-330):
hreynol25
by on Jun. 7, 2013 at 6:54 AM
I agree with what you're saying but it all goes down to preferences. My son is 13 months and i've been a SAHM since he was born. I love the fact that I am able to watch him grow but I can't do this forever. No way! I have to go back to work eventually.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hanab818
by Ruby Member on Jun. 7, 2013 at 6:58 AM
1 mom liked this
I don't get people who want to be judgemental asshats.
shilohsmommy215
by Member on Jun. 7, 2013 at 7:01 AM
Being a stay at home mom is the best thing in the world. I'm so thankful to be able to have the opportunity to stay home and watch my daughter grow.
ginabeana92
by on Jun. 7, 2013 at 7:06 AM

I quit my job to be a SAHM. While I love spending time with my girl, I hate not working. I also HATE not having my own money, and needing him to pay my bills for me. 

icn_mom
by on Jun. 7, 2013 at 7:20 AM
1 mom liked this

I think that the women that suck it up and go back to work because they HAVE to are amazing.. if finances are tough and they need that second paycheck, by all means go back to work. I am a SAHM because financially I CAN be, but if something happened to my husbands job, i have to return to work, and that is nothing to be ashamed of.

mom2many747
by Momma Duck on Jun. 7, 2013 at 7:38 AM
I'm a sahm but I also work from home. I work from home because I choose to.

Have to considered some moms can't afford to stay home even if they wanted to?

Some moms NEED to work in order to avoid being on welfare.

Not all situations are the same and not all families are the same.

Stop judging.
sweetieiv
by Ruby Member on Jun. 7, 2013 at 7:38 AM
Every child deserves to have a happy mom that is always excited to spend time with them. This is why i HAVE to work out side my home. I.am not happy when i am home all the time and i am not perfect so i get frustrsted only talking to my toddler. he does not deserve a cranky and frustrated mom. So i work and then come home super excited to spend the rest of my day with him. I love hearing his stories about how his day went. For my family its best if i work.
Lauriemom
by Platinum Member on Jun. 7, 2013 at 7:41 AM
1 mom liked this

3 months is not being a SAHM, that is maternity leave, LOL

I stayed home for a LOT of years.  It was great, and it was hard, and lonely at times.  I would do it again in a heartbeat. I feel kids need mom when they are that little. It was tough but we managed.

Quoting Lorelai_Nicole:

Because some moms want a life outside their house. When I was a SAHM (for about 3 months after each birth), I never got to do anything without my kids. I was stuck in my house 24/7, and I hated that. I loved being with my baby, but hated feeling like I was in jail.

Talliana
by on Jun. 7, 2013 at 7:52 AM

Women now are raised to go after a work and career as their number one priority. It is dificult sometimes for them after they have a kid to all of a sudden do the opposite and want to stay home and take care of the kids. I was always a workaholic when I had my first and he went at six weeks to daycare and was in daycare till he went to kindergarten. For my daughter I have been a sahm with her since she was two and   I wish I could have spent that kids of time with my son.  For me having a job mean was being able to pay the bills on time sometimes early and being able to buy what I wanted without having to consult my husband. it felt good to work and be bringing home a paycheck. It felt good to me because my mom was never allowed to work she had to stay home and take care of the kids.  I am a sahm now and I like being one. I don't have to worry about who has my kids during the day and who is around my kids. I don't have to worry about what they are doing at the center or if  i will make it to the daycare on time everyday. being a sahm for me means getting more time with my kids. I like getting them ready in the morning and being able to walk them to school and back. I can take them to the park afterschool. We can do homework at 4 instead of 6 or 7 when I get off work. I don't have to rush home and pick up something at a drive thru because I don't have time for anything else. I like being a sahm but it took awhile to get to this point.

briebaby123
by on Jun. 7, 2013 at 8:00 AM

AH! EXACTLY!
I don't understand those mothers who have babies, and then can't WAIT to get back to work, and place their child in daycare for 10+ hours a day....

My SIL has already given her child (6 months) away for the night, and for a few hours every weekend, and etc etc etc
I HATE going to work, I HATE leaving her...I am her mother, and I want to be there for her and take care of her like a mother should.

GRANTED, some women HAVE to work, I get that...but those who can't STAND being around the child they birthed...WTF!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)