Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Bad reactions to baby #3 announcment

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Have you had bad reactions to your announcment for baby 3? I am thinking when we announce it some of my family is going to be very rude.

also; Yes we can afford it, yes it was planned, yes we are happy.

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 8, 2013 at 11:03 PM
Replies (21-30):
mmmonkey
by on Jun. 8, 2013 at 11:17 PM
I think everyone would be very happy. I get rude comments about not wanting to try for number 3. Apparently everyone thinks I need a baby girl while I'm perfectly happy with my 2 wonderful boys.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PoplarGrove
by Silver Member on Jun. 8, 2013 at 11:18 PM

Yup.  When we told family that we were pregnant with #3 my exes family flipped.  Then asked if it was an "ACCIDENT" (it was unintentional - she happened the night he got home after being gone for 6 months so I wasn't paying attention to my cycle),  Then my MIL asked my husband if he was sure the baby was his,  It was a great announcement.  With #4 I sent an email and let him answer the phone when they called.  

othermom
by Ruby Member on Jun. 8, 2013 at 11:19 PM

Never had any bad reactions to announcing a pregnancy except my first. Ofcourse then I was 18 working off and on and in a crappy apartment

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 8, 2013 at 11:21 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting Anonymous:

Because some people in my family (the ones that are members of 7 child familys themselves and have had 3 and 4 kids) think its a crime to have more than 2 children "especially if you already have a boy and a girl".  So far i've gotten "better you than me" and "why would you try for another? You already have a boy and girl".

Tell them you want a third so you'll have a reason to have a 4th and even it out (the boy:girl ratio) again. Hahaha. That'll shut 'em up!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 8, 2013 at 11:21 PM
I did. From my mom. I'm 31 weeks pregnant, and still haven't gotten anything close to congrats or anything :(. Only comments like "you know this means you really need to watch your weight now" (mind you, I've never gained more than about 15 lbs total with any pregnancy) and "you should have waited and lost some weight before you insisted on having another baby" and "are you sure you really want 3 kids?"
Miss.Mommie.
by Silver Member on Jun. 8, 2013 at 11:21 PM
It's a main characters name on the show. I think it's adorable. Congrats on the new baby girl!

Quoting ChloeDolce1:

No I've never seen it. It's an Italian name. I'm Italian lol. And her middle name is Alexis because my husband Is Alexander.

Quoting Miss.Mommie.:

Are yall sons of anarchy fans? Lol cute name!

Quoting ChloeDolce1:

My 3rd child is 3 weeks old. We never received a bad reaction. Why would we? Everyone in our family is just as in love with Gemma as we are. I can't imagine why it would be any other way.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 8, 2013 at 11:22 PM
Congrats on #3! Opinions are like assholes....
MamaDee83
by Silver Member on Jun. 8, 2013 at 11:23 PM

I only have two, and neither of them had the reactions I really would have hoped for, but they are extremely loved and we are blessed beyond our wildest expectations. I would hope that if we DID become pregnant with #3 that things would be different and people would be very happy and enthusiastic, but who the heck knows.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 8, 2013 at 11:23 PM
My FIL told DH, he needed to get a vasectomy now and asked him what the eff he was thinking. He even offered to pay for the vasectomy!!
jojo_star
by Jojo on Jun. 8, 2013 at 11:24 PM

No, but I'm expecting at least one very bad reaction to the announcement of this pregnancy, but most of my family will be cautiously happy.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured