Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OMFG! What the hell are these parents thinking?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 29 Replies
My son is in deep shit! He is 16 yrs old sexting with a 15 yr old. Making plans to have sex. I took all his stuff away. That crap isn't allowed in my house.He has ended up grounded from everything because I keep catching him. Recently he just stole his sisters ipod.
My whole family ( except for his step dad) thinks I'm being to harsh. They are all bad mouthing me behind my back. I've dealt with this before. I punish my kids and the pressure me. Last time it was going to the cabin. I caved in. My brother is the worst. ( 36 yrs old) he is his video gaming buddy. Its been torture for him being grounded.

Anyways tonight my son says he is going to hit balls in the park across the street. He ends up missing.....until 11 PM. I go to take a flash light to go look in the park and a car pulls up. Its this girls dad! He dropped her off earlier! Said she was supposed to meet him down the street at the store.
I let him know my son was grounded. I didn't know where they were. We went to the park and found them on the bleachers. On the way I tried to tell him they were texting questionable things and he laughed it off! He didn't really want to talk. He wasn't even mad at his daughter. SHE WAS SUPPOSED TO MEET HIM AN HOUR AGO!

What parent drops his 15 yr old daughter off like that? He didn't even know where we lived! He found the address on a piece of paper on the floor of his car. Ugh! I am just shocked . I don't get it

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 9, 2013 at 12:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
metalmomma86
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 12:36 AM
3 moms liked this
I would be LIVID! You are doing the right thing. Looks like he also needs to spend some time in solitary with the family too. No "hitting balls in the park" make him earn your trust back.
LilyPondOasis
by Bronze Member on Jun. 9, 2013 at 12:38 AM

Gee....look at where she gets the behavior from.

I would ground your son a bit longer and to stay IN the yard, not the courts or he will end up IN a court doing something with a teenager. 

We know how laws can be and both can get in serious trouble. 

Good luck! Hope your son settles down a bit. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 9, 2013 at 12:39 AM
Yep. He doesn't know the hell he put me through! I had no idea where he was. This girl lives at least 40 MIN away....I didn't think he was with her. I was getting really scared!

Quoting metalmomma86:

I would be LIVID! You are doing the right thing. Looks like he also needs to spend some time in solitary with the family too. No "hitting balls in the park" make him earn your trust back.

lizlaughlove
by Silver Member on Jun. 9, 2013 at 12:40 AM
2 moms liked this

Ignore the bad-mouthing. Keep up the discipline. I see my son heading down a similar path. I don't understand parents who don't seem to care where their kids are. If any of my kids were an hour late getting home or meeting me somewhere, I'd come unglued.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 9, 2013 at 12:40 AM
Thank you

Quoting LilyPondOasis:

Gee....look at where she gets the behavior from.

I would ground your son a bit longer and to stay IN the yard, not the courts or he will end up IN a court doing something with a teenager. 

We know how laws can be and both can get in serious trouble. 

Good luck! Hope your son settles down a bit. 

momoftwoboys12
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 12:45 AM
Rest assure if my boys try that shit will hit the fan. They would be doing hard labor as well as loosing all privileges.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 9, 2013 at 12:48 AM

lol 

neva_eva_always
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 12:54 AM
2 moms liked this

You will NOT only lose your son but you will have a grandchild soon with that attitude. Most of the time it's just talk because my nephew was like that but he had protection. It was the better to have it then end up with a kid. My niece the shy quiet innocent one is the teen mom. It's how you handle it that solves the issue. You forbid it then they'll sneak behind your back. Let him see her in your house, in the living room where a small child is. You can bet your house that child will report everything and anything back to you. Let him use the phone but if the messages you can check at any time don't match up to how many come in your statement then the deals off turn off text messages. Let her come over when he's playing video games that will bore her quickly or she'll join in and they have something new to do.

As far as sex goes give him protection. Even if you don't want him doing anything he'll be out of your site if it's sneaking out of the house, her sneaking in, going with family who thinks you're unfair to them. Protection will at least help ensure you don't become a grandma.  winter of 2012 everybody and their mother became pregnant starting with teens so there are a lot of young grandmas out there.

LilyPondOasis
by Bronze Member on Jun. 9, 2013 at 12:58 AM

I can remember making my parents nervous before.

It was not until I became an adult and really understood about how my actions had consequences if I did not make the best choice, being I knew right from wrong and was taught well, as most all kids are.

I would have freaked if  my son was like that --- he actually has scared me already, not being where he said he would be.......I about called the cops on him.

My son is 9 and he keeps pushing those boundaries all the time. I told him if he keeps it up, he can enjoy the confines of his new home behind bars. He thinks Ive taken his 'freedom and play time' away.......what would jail time be? LOL

This has scared him for a bit.

Good luck Momma!! 

Quoting Anonymous:

Yep. He doesn't know the hell he put me through! I had no idea where he was. This girl lives at least 40 MIN away....I didn't think he was with her. I was getting really scared!

Quoting metalmomma86:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 9, 2013 at 1:00 AM

Going across the stree to hit balls isn't what I would consider grounded....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)