Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

You're not the love of my life!

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 1:32 AM
  • 10 Replies

You KNOW when he is the love of your life, your SOUL MATE. I mean that you and he are just literally made for each other. You fight sometime's, but in general, this person completes you and you literally can't imagine your life without him.

What about when you genuinely love the person - truly, deeply love someone - but they are NOT the love of you life.

What are your feelings about your life? Do you think that everyone is supposed to find the "love of their lives"? Do you feel like people who can't say that they are with the "love of their life" are missing something in life?

I will go first: I think I fall into the second category - I truly, deeply love my husband, and he is a wonderful man. However, I wonder what it would be like to be of the first category - having found your soul mate = they complete you!

by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 1:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
villagemamma
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 1:38 AM
2 moms liked this

I fall into the first category. DH and i have known each other almost our entire lives. i am closer to him than i ever imagined and couldnt imagine being with anyone else.

ksueditz
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 1:40 AM
1 mom liked this

i don't feel my dh completes me. i love him, and i care about him deeply, but i don't have that soul searing can't live w/o him feeling. it makes me sad, b/c i think i'm missing out. 

MamaDee83
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 1:44 AM
1 mom liked this

I've felt the same way. I feel bad, however, because DH is a wonderful man and I am so lucky to have found a man like this. He's so good to me, forgiven so much, given so much, and lives so much with me. We have two beautiful children together. You can't go through all these things in life and have NO attachment or connection with someone. HOWEVER, all this does not make them your soul mate/doesn't complete you, I totally understand!! You can still have an amazing life and an amazing partner, but they just don't FILL everything up for you.

Quoting ksueditz:

i don't feel my dh completes me. i love him, and i care about him deeply, but i don't have that soul searing can't live w/o him feeling. it makes me sad, b/c i think i'm missing out. 

MamaDee83
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 1:47 AM

BUMP!

ElleLuvsOrchids
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 1:56 AM

I'm in the first category, married to my soul mate.  I think there are all kinds of love and whatever works for each couple - emotionally, romantically, sexually, commitment wise, etc. - is up to them to decide.  If you chose to marry someone and feel something is missing, it's probably a good idea to reconnect some way or another and reignite the feelings that caused you to marry them.

Sanctimommy
by Platinum Member on Jun. 9, 2013 at 1:57 AM

It took me a while to find out why my Hubs' daughter's mother didn't seem to like me. Then once he mentioned that she left him shortly after they had argued about me.

Wait...before you decide I am some sort of homewrecker, please be aware that their argument took place at a time when I had not seen or spoken to him in over fifteen years! She was a young lady in her twenties and was living in his home. She had every indication that he loved her and she made the mistake that many young women do. She asked him if he loved her more than any other woman in the world. He, being who he is, answered honestly. 

He told her he liked her well enough, but there was only one person in the world who was his soul mate and that was me. She was understandably unhappy with his reply and hated me from that day forward. She left him, called him for a bootycall and then sent him home and discovered she was pregnant. She married another man. But she never forgot my name.

When he and I got together, I didn't realize I had a reputation among everyone that knew him. I just thought his freinds were just realy nice. And I thought her reaction to me was probably normal. Until he told me how they had broken up in the first place.

When I asked his friends later on what had happened between the two of them, they confirmed it. So did our mututal friends. I never realized the impact that I had had on him. 

Incidentally, she and I get along nicely, now. She's a lovely girl and she seemed to get over her initial resentment.

FL2AK
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 1:59 AM
My husband and I have the first kind of soul mate relationship, but I don't see anything wrong with the second type of relationship either. If you have love and respect for each other than that is more than so many other people have in their marriages.
LoveNaCupcake
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 2:01 AM

Psshhh Dh and I are like two peas in a pod, I lucked out with him! lol We are extremely close and I couldn't imagine anyone else taking his place. We are the couple that does just about everything together and we like it that way (and yes we both have our times when we go out by ourselves).

mmmonkey
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 2:03 AM
My husband is the love of my life and I feel very lucky that we found each other.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 9, 2013 at 2:07 AM
I feel the same way you do :-(
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)