Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I can't believe she said that!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 22 Replies
I was talking to my mother in law tonight. I was telling her how the baby hasn't been sleeping good during the day because he can't sleep in his bassinet in our room because dh shift was changed and he is getting off at 8am so i don't want the baby waking him up. I have tried putting the baby to sleep in his crib but he wakes up within 30 minutes of being in there. And my 5 year old is in and out of her room and living room. Baby is a good sleeper and normally sleeps with big sister being loud but i dont want to chance her bumping into the baby. Well i told my mil this and she said to just let him cry it out! My baby is only 6 weeks! My mil is great and I go to her for a sitter for the kids or advice but to let a 6 week old cry it out is not gonna happen.
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 9, 2013 at 1:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
l0nely
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 1:44 AM

at some point, you're going to get tired of your baby only sleeping for 30 minutes at a time.

I don't know what to tell you, but you need to do something. Good luck!

mmmonkey
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 1:46 AM
I hear you. My babies slept in my arms for the first year.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NNB
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 1:47 AM

Wow... 6 weeks is far too young to do that! I don't know what to suggest... have you got a routine in place?

LoveNaCupcake
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 1:47 AM

Okay... Sooo don't do it? O.o

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 9, 2013 at 1:48 AM
I normally take dd out for lunch and then my dads and he will sleep in the car seat and then on my dads bed but this week has been super rainy so no going out unless we have to. Baby is sleeping in his crib now. I guess its just something about sleeping in it durring the day.

Quoting l0nely:

at some point, you're going to get tired of your baby only sleeping for 30 minutes at a time.

I don't know what to tell you, but you need to do something. Good luck!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 9, 2013 at 1:49 AM

cio is not appropriate for a 6 week old.

sugarcrisp
by Ruby Member on Jun. 9, 2013 at 1:49 AM

You do realize that not as much was known when she was raising children as is known now, right?

Relax.

Retrokitty
by Jasmyne on Jun. 9, 2013 at 1:50 AM
Could you put the bassinet in another room?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 9, 2013 at 1:51 AM
You can use a carrier for during the day. He would probably enjoy sleeping in that.
paganmommy4
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 1:52 AM

im sorry but i dont accomodate and ADULTS needs over my baby, no way no how. baby can sleep in the bassinete elsewhere or hubby can sleep elsewhere for a brieft period. and baby needs to learn to be around noisy sister. besides baby should be awake at 8am.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)