Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

BD problems. !

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 0 Replies
How do you try to keep the peace? I want my daughter's dad and I to be friendly for my daughter's sake but he isn't interested. :(

Is there anything I can do to push it without being TOO pushy? I've asked several times if he would go a co-parenting class with me that my city offers and he declines. I've told him the doctor that teaches it also offers one on one with parents, I guess more of counciling. He declined that too.

Today I said something along the lines of ' six right here {our meeting place in my city, he lives in a different county} . He got in the truck and didn't say anything. After buckling my daughter in her car seat I said "did you hear me?" and he said yeah.

Less than five minutes after he left he sent me a text saying he called the police as they said as long as he makes an effort telling me where to pick her up that's all that matters. He said I'll tell you where to pick her up. I responded with "I need to know where" and he gave me an address of a store ten minutes further then where he lives. It took me over an hour to get her and by that time she was hungry and when we got home she had less than an hour of settle down time which pushed her bedtime back by an hour.

I'm at a loss of what to do. There's a big lack of communication. Tonight I tested him where to pick her up at and he said at his brother's house 2.5 hours away. He wasn't even going to tell me he was taking her out of town. If something happened to her he wouldn't even be able to take her to the ER. Our joint legal custody isn't official yet and he doesn't have any of her information but her name and DOB. I honestly doubt he'd even tell me when something happens.

This was her first visit and we agreed I would call her halfway into the visit. I went to call her and it went straight to voicemail. When I picked her up I asked if he got my message {visit ended at dinner time and with how long we have to travel to get home I needed to know if he was going to feed her or if I needed to pick something up for her}
He told me no I just turned my phone back on.

I'm really at a loss. :( What can I do? Any advice? Is there any hope for us to be civil, communicate openly {I'm only allowed to talk to him through text} and friendly?
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 9, 2013 at 1:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)