Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

F*** you PTSD!!

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 1:55 AM
  • 30 Replies

BF has PTSD. He called me while he was walking home from work because the city set off a big fireworks show, and he needed someone to talk to who could distract him from the noise. 

By the time is was over, he was in tears and there was NOTHING I could do except try to calm him down over the phone. I live two hours away and I have no way to get to him any time soon. I feel horrible that I can't be there with him right now.

Does anyone else here have an SO with PTSD? What do you do to help them cope? 

by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 1:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AF2011
by Ruby Member on Jun. 9, 2013 at 1:58 AM
I have PTSD but I'm newly diagnosed (spell check)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 9, 2013 at 1:59 AM
My mom does from her childhood, she used to wake up in the middle of the night screaming. Scared the crap out of me for years. Took 10 yrs of therapy to help her
Ashley_Carlson
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 2:00 AM

It sucks! He's been a source of strength for me since the day I met him. It hurts to see him like this.  

Quoting AF2011:

I have PTSD but I'm newly diagnosed (spell check)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 9, 2013 at 2:01 AM

DH does. Loud noises set him off. :(

monkeyprincessa
by Gold Member on Jun. 9, 2013 at 2:01 AM
I myself have PTSD. And am trying to deal with it on my own. sorry i can't help, but I'm glad ur SO has someone to help him through it. sometimes that can b VERY hard to handle on ur own!
Ashley_Carlson
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 2:02 AM

That's where BF has his from. Any really loud and sudden noises will scare him. 

Quoting Anonymous:

My mom does from her childhood, she used to wake up in the middle of the night screaming. Scared the crap out of me for years. Took 10 yrs of therapy to help her

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 9, 2013 at 2:02 AM
Ptsd from? Being deployed?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 9, 2013 at 2:03 AM
I'm so sorry, I wish i had advice for you but I've never dealt with PTSD. My husband is a Police Officer so I'm always looking out for the signs. Just give him as much love and reassurance as possible for now...*hugs*
Ashley_Carlson
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 2:03 AM

A tragic event from his childhood. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 9, 2013 at 2:06 AM
What kind of tragic event? You knew you were going to be asked this, so i am not trying to be rude or pushy just nosy. And i want to be helpful.

Quoting Ashley_Carlson:

A tragic event from his childhood. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)