Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

so annoyed

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 8:02 AM
  • 30 Replies
My df sometimes doesn't use his fucking brain. We were eating lunch. He finished but me and dd were still eating. He goes in kitchen and gets pie. And proceeds to eat it while 2 year old dd is having a meltdown. He then tries to get mad cause of her tantrum. I said what did he expect. She loves desserts. I swear he has no brain. Ugh im annoyed. Hes now gone to work and left me with a grumpy two year old. Grrrr.
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 8:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Elle.tea.22
by Emerald Member on Jun. 9, 2013 at 8:04 AM
I think he did nothing wrong.
junebaby11
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 8:08 AM
So eatomg pie in front of other people isnt rude. I think it is. When I was growing up we were taught to wait. To me its like taking a kid into a toy store and saying no. But hey that's just me. I can understand why she had a meltdown

Quoting Elle.tea.22:

Elle.tea.22
by Emerald Member on Jun. 9, 2013 at 8:09 AM
1 mom liked this
So an adult can't have pie in his own home after he's done with his meal?

Quoting junebaby11:

So eatomg pie in front of other people isnt rude. I think it is. When I was growing up we were taught to wait. To me its like taking a kid into a toy store and saying no. But hey that's just me. I can understand why she had a meltdown

Quoting Elle.tea.22:

MIA0223
by Emerald Member on Jun. 9, 2013 at 8:10 AM
Could she have pie after lunch?
This is a lesson in being patient.
Both of you should tell her eat her lunch and she can have her pie!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
junebaby11
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 8:10 AM
I think he can but I think he should wait. I was taught that and so was he. We were nearly done he could have waited. He taunted her he knew good and well she would throw a fit

Quoting Elle.tea.22:

Quoting junebaby11:

Quoting Elle.tea.22:

Maries_Mom23
by Platinum Member on Jun. 9, 2013 at 8:12 AM

Don't blame ya...the way I was brought up and the way we are bringing up our girls is that you have manners and wait for everyone else to finish.  

There have been many times that all of us but our 6 year old (she's such a slow eater!) would be done with our meals.  But, nobody touches dessert (if we have it that night) until she is done.  

junebaby11
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 8:12 AM
Yes she could've but now shes thrown a full blown meltdown no. She doesn't have the concept yet that she can have things after. Shes just turning two on the 16th. I have to stick by his side just like he does for me but I don't agree with it.

Quoting MIA0223:

Could she have pie after lunch?

This is a lesson in being patient.

Both of you should tell her eat her lunch and she can have her pie!

junebaby11
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 8:13 AM
I knew I wasn't alone. He knew she would get upset he expects her to act older than she is

Quoting Maries_Mom23:

Don't blame ya...the way I was brought up and the way we are bringing up our girls is that you have manners and wait for everyone else to finish.  

There have been many times that all of us but our 6 year old (she's such a slow eater!) would be done with our meals.  But, nobody touches dessert (if we have it that night) until she is done.  

Elle.tea.22
by Emerald Member on Jun. 9, 2013 at 8:14 AM
1 mom liked this
So the child's natural state is to throw a fit.. You are an excellent mother. Keep up what ever the fuck it is you're doing :)

Not.

Quoting junebaby11:

I think he can but I think he should wait. I was taught that and so was he. We were nearly done he could have waited. He taunted her he knew good and well she would throw a fit

Quoting Elle.tea.22:

Quoting junebaby11:

Quoting Elle.tea.22:

Val99
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 8:15 AM

In my family, if some members finished before the others they would patiently wait and participate in conversation until all members were done with the main course, main course dinnerware removed, then dessert brought in for all to partake of together.  Why is it impossible for some people to have manners and patiently wait for others to finish?  Aren't manners taught to children too?

Quoting Elle.tea.22:

Quoting junebaby11:

Quoting Elle.tea.22:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)