Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

he didn't show to pick her up

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies
Dd's dad didn't show to pick her up yesterday i figured he'd be here yesterday morning he was supposed to take her friday but when he brought her clothes i'd let him know that i made plans with her friday.

He said that was fine and he'd pick her up sat morning because he was doing something fri evening. He never bothered to show. We have a co in place, i called my mom at 1p and she called him. He said he'd pick dd up at 6 and never showed we waited til 10p.

She asked me where's my daddy ? She had tears in her eyes. My poor lil girl i felt like crap knowing he wasn't coming. It also made me upset because she looks forward to time with her dad.

My dd's dad's hobby is rapping so he did a "video" shoot yesterday. Not like he makes money off of it his legit job a phlebotomist. What in your opinion is more important time with your 3 year old or your hobby?

I have my hobby but i only work on it every now and then. He has blown dd off before and while we were headed home on the bus(i don't drive) last summer from walmart he was outside doing a video shoot and the other passengers on the bus were making fun of him.

I was embarassed to say that i even knew him.
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 9, 2013 at 9:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
mrswillie
by Ruby Member on Jun. 9, 2013 at 9:10 AM
1 mom liked this

Dh had custody of dsd until she was 18. Her biomom use to do the same thing.

Just a word of advice...

If he does not show at the schedule court ordered time, DO NOT allow a change in the time. This will only give your dd false hope and leave her sitting around waiting.

This is what my dsd's counselor today us to do. Bio mom would say she would call or come over but wouldn't. Dsd would just sit by the phone waiting for a call that would never come. She wouldn't even go out side and play with her friends. Finally, we sent times. Bio mom was allowed to call Wednesday evenings between 5-8pm. If she called any other time we didn't put the call through. Dsd kew if bio mom didn't call before 8pm Wednesday she wouldn't get to talk to her until the next Wednesday.

Consistency is so important in kids lives.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 9, 2013 at 9:14 AM

My daughter's father puts everything ahead of her. We don't have a custody agreement because things have been relatively ok. Basically I have her 24/7 and we will visit him at his convenience 1 or 2 times a week for a few hours. But things have gone hill in the last week so I'm goin to go for a custody order and maybe an emergency one as he has said that he's going to take her. 

LilliesValley
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 9:16 AM

I would keep trrack of everything in a journal or something. That way you can take it to court in the future. Does he have her every weekend or every other? Really either way there should be time for hobbies when she's not around which is probably the majority of the time. I'm sure it is extremely frustrating to  you but you can't make a boy grow into a man unfotunately.

Val99
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 9:17 AM
1 mom liked this

It seems like you picked a man-boy to father your child.  That is so sad.

casseopeia
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 9:21 AM

Keep track of the times he flakes.  You also need to set limits.  If he does n ot show within an hour of the agreed to time, then he gives up his visitation for that weekend.  Don't make the kid sit around waiting for her father.   I think that's worse.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 9, 2013 at 10:03 AM
She is with me now i'll be talking to him if he comes over tomorrow because we're leaving tuesday if i would have known he wasn't planning to take her we could've went and stayed the weekend with my bf and his son. I feel guilty because of all of this she loves her dad. My daughter is a good kid and it hurts her because she loves him so much.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)