Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

anxiety meds while pregnant?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies
My sister told me i need to talk to my doctor about meds for anxiety. But can you even take those while pregnant? She says i need then bcuz i cry everyday, well i don't know what else to do my husband of 5 years literally up and left me 8 months pregnant and we also have a 22 month old. And to top it off we just moved a week ago to a much more expensive house. My child is going through his terrible twos and keeps asking for his daddy.
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 9, 2013 at 9:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 9, 2013 at 9:07 AM

Ever take the time to think that maybe you pushed your husband away because you didn't know, or think to get help?

It might be harsh, but it's probably the truth.

mommiedearest22
by Silver Member on Jun. 9, 2013 at 9:08 AM

Wellbutrin...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 9, 2013 at 9:10 AM

I never have. I know a woman who did and her baby had to stay in the nicu for a month even though he was full term, he had to be tube fed because he didn't have a suck reflex. It was so sad. I'm not sure what med it was, but she never actually had permission from her OB to continue taking it, so it was kind of a big deal for the hospital and cps was involved. I know that's an extreme case, so I don't want to scare you, but it just illustrates how important it is to discuss these things with your OB. Hugs and good luck!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 9, 2013 at 9:13 AM

IDK...You're already 8 months pregnant. I'd personally tough it out until the birth as I try to minimize meds during pregnancy. I'm sure they could prescribe you something though. But I'd definitely tell the doc how I'm feeling so if you go into ppd after the birth he knows to keep an eye out.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 9, 2013 at 9:38 AM
Think to get help for what? I was fine until he left you idiot. He thinks this is a game, he all of a sudden thinks it's ok for him to go out until 1am or just not come home...so this is obviously my fault right?????

Quoting Anonymous:

Ever take the time to think that maybe you pushed your husband away because you didn't know, or think to get help?

It might be harsh, but it's probably the truth.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 9, 2013 at 9:40 AM
I don't want to take anything i just am about to have a breakdown. I can pretend to be as strong as possible but it really is tough. I have no idea how I'm going to survive financially let alone emotionally.

Quoting Anonymous:

IDK...You're already 8 months pregnant. I'd personally tough it out until the birth as I try to minimize meds during pregnancy. I'm sure they could prescribe you something though. But I'd definitely tell the doc how I'm feeling so if you go into ppd after the birth he knows to keep an eye out.

jojo_star
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 9:41 AM

Your doctor is the only one who can decide if the risks outweighs the benefits of anxiety meds, and which ones specifically you can take. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jun. 9, 2013 at 9:45 AM
I thought the last month was ok? Ask for celexa it does wonders.
missmamaof4
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 9:50 AM
They're safe meds to take. Your doctor will put you on the right one. I'm so sorry I could not imagine
KyahZia
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 9:52 AM
I took both anti depressants and anxiety meds with my second pregnancy (the safe ones of course) and everything went a lot better this time round. I didn't with my first and I wouldnt go without again. My ds came out with no problems. I wouldn't hesitate to try it provided you get a good Dr.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)