Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I know this is a stupid question....EDIT for update

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies

We have a large dog and she looks like she might be gaining some weight. She won't fit on a typical bathroom scale, even sitting.  But we have 2 scales, if I put her standing on both scales and add up the numbers do you think that would give a relatively accurate weight? We tried it with a human but my husband says that the center of gravity is different.  Any idea? I know we can stop by the vet to have her weighted I just thought of this and my husband looked at me like I had lost my mind!!   

LOL- I hate to have to tell my husband he's right, but he is!!  I got the small dog (who was not happy about helping me with this experiment) it doesn't work. She weighed 18 pounds sitting on 1 scale and 13 pounds adding up the weights from 2 scales. My husband could probably pick her up but big dog hates being picked up, it scares her, so not worth it. I'll just stop by the vet one day and asked to weight her.Thanks everyone.

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 9, 2013 at 9:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jessicamarquez
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 9:21 AM
Lol I'd take her to the vet (:
Pnukey
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 9:22 AM

No, that won't work.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 9, 2013 at 9:22 AM
Ya know what...maybe a stupid question but I have no idea, never really thought about it is guess lol for some reason I feel it wouldn't be accurate but no specific reason why lol i'd say just take pup to the vet!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 9, 2013 at 9:22 AM
Uhhh... I would think put her on both scales and average the weight out.. But it still wouldn't be too accurate.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 9, 2013 at 9:23 AM
Can your husband pick her up? If he can have him weigh himself on the scale first then weigh himself again with him holding her. Deduct the first weight from the second.
Foolynroo2
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 9:23 AM

No that won't work

Take her into the vet, they should just weigh her in the lobby no charge.

Christy644
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 9:23 AM

Weigh yourself first. Tehn pick up the dog and weigh you both together. Subract the combined total from your weight. 

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Jun. 9, 2013 at 9:23 AM

LOL I don't know.

PrissyAnne
by Silver Member on Jun. 9, 2013 at 9:24 AM
This. The 2 scale thing won't work.

Quoting Anonymous:

Can your husband pick her up? If he can have him weigh himself on the scale first then weigh himself again with him holding her. Deduct the first weight from the second.

Seagodess
by Emerald Member on Jun. 9, 2013 at 9:26 AM
This

Quoting Christy644:

Weigh yourself first. Tehn pick up the dog and weigh you both together. Subract the combined total from your weight. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)